Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

Growing increasingly optimistic with each passing day about this season. There is a real positive feel around the club at the moment. 

How do we reckon we will line up for the T20? 

Something along the lines of:

Welch 

Budinger 

Kimber 

Hill

Ackermann 

Mulder 

Lilley 

Ahmed 

Scriven 

Parkinson 

Naveen

With Swindells, Steel and Patel as good back up options. Turn Grace Road into a real spinning wicket and bowl a good 12 overs of spin with Parky, Ahmed and Ackermann. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, MaidstoneFox said:

The bowling in this friendly against Notts is not filling me with confidence. Mulder coming in will help, but we look short of wicket taking bowlers. Just have to rack up the runs.

Rarely looking anything like taking 20 wickets last season was the main problem for me. With Mulder contributing little with the red ball to be honest (fantastic with the bat and in the Blast though). With his record I'm sure he'll be better this season though.

Finan seems a good addition, Scriven looker OK and Wright can hopefully roll back the years and that gives us an ok pace attack. The rest don't fill me with confidence to be honest.

On 29/03/2023 at 19:42, Father Ted said:

Growing increasingly optimistic with each passing day about this season. There is a real positive feel around the club at the moment. 

Welch 

Budinger 

Kimber 

Hill

Ackermann 

Mulder 

Lilley 

Ahmed 

Scriven 

Parkinson 

Naveen

With Swindells, Steel and Patel as good back up options. Turn Grace Road into a real spinning wicket and bowl a good 12 overs of spin with Parky, Ahmed and Ackermann. 

Agree we should do well in the shorter formats but sadly can't see doing much better in the 4 day game be amazed if we don't pick up the wooden spoon again

Welch 

Budinger 

Kimber 

Hill

Ackermann 

Mulder 

Lilley 

Ahmed 

Scriven 

Parkinson 

Naveen

Probably get docked points for producing spinning 1 day pitches 😂 

On 31/03/2023 at 20:03, Silebyfox_89 said:

What side do we expect to see against Yorkshire?

Budinger

Patel

Evans

Ackermann

Hill

Swindells

Ahmed

Scriven

Wright

Finan

Salisbury

I would sub out Evans for Handscombe. If he can play? One article said he can? 

Just now, Cakey said:

I would sub out Evans for Handscombe. If he can play? One article said he can? 

Mulder for Scriven again if possible? Surely one of them can play? Patel and Evans a toss up. Go for Patel on quality 

1 hour ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Budinger

Evans

Ackerman

Handscombe

Hill

Muder

Ahmed

Parky (if fit)

Wright

Finan

plus 1 more quick 

1 more quick lol 😆 

I think Handscomb is available and I'd have in over Evans.

I'd have Davis over Barnes too but maybe Salisbury will be the pick.

3 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Budinger

Evans

Ackerman

Handscombe

Hill

Muder

Ahmed

Parky (if fit)

Wright

Finan

plus 1 more quick 

The batting from 3 to 7 actually looks genuinly good!

I'd have Scriven as the extra quick and have him in at 8 to lengthen the batting. From what I seen at the end of last season he looked more than capable of fulfilling the Ben Mike role at 8 and likely far less expensive with the ball to boot.

None of the opening options convince me at all to be honest though there is ability amongst them so fingers crossed for better returns than last year from the likes of Evans and Patel. Patel seemed to go well at 3 in the first half of the season then fall to bits when he started getting shuffled about the order including having to open. His confidence looked shot in the run in but in full flow he was great to watch prior to that.

6 minutes ago, CrawlingFox said:

I'd have Scriven as the extra quick and have him in at 8 to lengthen the batting. From what I seen at the end of last season he looked more than capable of fulfilling the Ben Mike role at 8 and likely far less expensive with the ball to boot.

None of the opening options convince me at all to be honest though there is ability amongst them so fingers crossed for better returns than last year from the likes of Evans and Patel. Patel seemed to go well at 3 in the first half of the season then fall to bits when he started getting shuffled about the order including having to open. His confidence looked shot in the run in but in full flow he was great to watch prior to that.

Yeah Patel got moved around far too much. I get with a relatively weak team like ours that will happen but he really suffered.

• Like 1

Welch 

Budinger 

Kimber 

Hill

Ackermann 

Mulder 

Lilley 

Ahmed 

Scriven 

Parkinson 

Naveen

I'd take Lilley out and put Steel in.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, CrawlingFox said:

Good call, but maybe Hill can bat 3, as Ackers doesn't like it and Handscomb tends to bat 4 or 5. Rehan might bat 6 as they want to develop his batting and give him time in the middle. Nixon likes Swindells with the gloves and Hill's batting improvement has coincided with a focus on batting only.

8 minutes ago, MaidstoneFox said:

Good call, but maybe Hill can bat 3, as Ackers doesn't like it and Handscomb tends to bat 4 or 5. Rehan might bat 6 as they want to develop his batting and give him time in the middle. Nixon likes Swindells with the gloves and Hill's batting improvement has coincided with a focus on batting only.

Fitting in Swindells is tricky but I think you're right and he'll be in and keeping. Could he be in as low as 8 with Parkinson left out? Ahmed and Ackers for spin and Mulder + 9-11 as four man pace attack?

I know Nixon talked about Hill as an opener before too, I'd prefer he was left where he's been scoring heavily but it could be an option if we've more options in the middle order and need to fit Swindells in etc.

Anyone know if Mulder will be here on time for Thursday/is he here already?

4 minutes ago, CrawlingFox said:

Anyone know if Mulder will be here on time for Thursday/is he here already?

South Africa have completed their Netherlands series so I don't see why not, he'll get plenty of days off to rest when our 4 day games finish early!