Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

On 02/04/2023 at 23:19, Walshy5 said:

I'd take Lilley out and put Steel in.

I agree. Always liked Steel and with Budinger/Welch big hitters and quick scorers up top with him, he would compliment well. Sadly, Steel out of favour with certain people in power… 

No Swindells in the match day 14: 

Leicestershire: Ackermann, Ahmed, Barnes, Budinger, Finan, Handscomb, Hill*, Hull, Kimber, Mulder, Parkinson, Patel, Salisbury, Wright.

Shai Hope in the Yorkshire squad along with Ben Mike (boo) and Dawid Malan.

14 minutes ago, LBTufty said:

Leicestershire: Ackermann, Ahmed, Barnes, Budinger, Finan, Handscomb, Hill*, Hull, Kimber, Mulder, Parkinson, Patel, Salisbury, Wright.

Hmm from that squad I'd go:

Budinger

Patel

Hill (C + WK)

Ackermann

Handscombe

Mulder

Ahmed

Parkinson

Finan

Wright

Salisbury

Kimber unlucky but a good sign to have someone like him not getting in the side to be honest as he's decent.

I feel Barnes is an ineffectual bowler (though I rate him as a batter and could see him becoming a batting all rounder) though Salisbury may be no better to be honest.

Would have no issue if Hull played if he's good enough, I just haven't seen anything of him.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, CrawlingFox said:

Hmm from that squad I'd go:

Budinger

Patel

Hill (C + WK)

Ackermann

Handscombe

Mulder

Ahmed

Parkinson

Finan

Wright

Salisbury

Kimber unlucky but a good sign to have someone like him not getting in the side to be honest as he's decent.

I feel Barnes is an ineffectual bowler (though I rate him as a batter and could see him becoming a batting all rounder) though Salisbury may be no better to be honest.

Would have no issue if Hull played if he's good enough, I just haven't seen anything of him.

I reckon it’ll be that side too

On 04/04/2023 at 10:48, Tommy Fresh said:

Enjoyed reading that. I wish county would be more muscular in our underdog status, a bit like Nixon himself is. And James Taylor. 

Last season, when we lost the South African lad to that wretched hundred shite just as we were doing well in the Royal London, there was a social media backlash - not just from County fans but other supporters too.

I kinda enjoyed the appalling ECB, and indirectly the likes of Strauss, the (probable) racist Vaughan and the physically disgusting Agnew getting some well deserved strife. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LBTufty said:

Handscombe to bat 3 I think. 

19 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Bowling first. Feels like we might go Bazball with this batting line-up...

May be an image of 1 person and text that says "LEICESTERSHIRE 26 23 dafabet 48 @dafat 54 ××× LEECESTERSHIR 24 16 RISHI PATEL SOL BUDINGER LEWIS HILL* COLIN ACKERMANN PETER HANDSCOMB+ WIAAN MULDER REHAN AHMED CHRIS WRIGHT MICHAEL FINAN MATT SALISBURY JOSH HULL 31 uptonstee 4 18 20 CHAMPIONSHIP uptonsteel"

Probably the way for us to go. We might get skittled for 80 several times but it’s much more likely to pay off than how we’ve done over the past few seasons. 

anyway as for Yorkshire, I would LOVE IT, I would LOVE IT if we beat them. 

• Like 3

Just now, Lionator said:

Probably the way for us to go. We might get skittled for 80 several times but it’s much more likely to pay off than how we’ve done over the past few seasons. 

anyway as for Yorkshire, I would LOVE IT, I would LOVE IT if we beat them. 

That middle order is strong enough that you'd back at least one of them to come off per innings. Haven't felt like that for a little while.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Bowling first. Feels like we might go Bazball with this batting line-up...

May be an image of 1 person and text that says "LEICESTERSHIRE 26 23 dafabet 48 @dafat 54 ××× LEECESTERSHIR 24 16 RISHI PATEL SOL BUDINGER LEWIS HILL* COLIN ACKERMANN PETER HANDSCOMB+ WIAAN MULDER REHAN AHMED CHRIS WRIGHT MICHAEL FINAN MATT SALISBURY JOSH HULL 31 uptonstee 4 18 20 CHAMPIONSHIP uptonsteel"

It's now mandatory as part of membership of Foxes Talk, to take a swig of beer or another alcoholic beverage of your choosing, every time Rae et.al. mention "Bazball" during the commentary.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

That middle order is strong enough that you'd back at least one of them to come off per innings. Haven't felt like that for a little while.

Agreed. Solid platform from the openers and 3-7 will convert it into a serious total I'd think.

Interesting to see Hull playing, given our woeful pace bowling last season if we can pluck a first team ready seamer from the academy that would be a huge boost.

• Like 1

Given Mulder can bowl, feels like one bowler too many. Would have rather seen Kimber come in. Then again, our bowling attack was horrendous last season so maybe we need extra support in that area.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Samu said:

Given Mulder can bowl, feels like one bowler too many. Would have rather seen Kimber come in. Then again, our bowling attack was horrendous last season so maybe we need extra support in that area.

I would have liked to see Scriven in. He looked useful with the ball last year but also a very good batter who could play on the strength of that alone and I think could be a better option at 8 with maybe Salisbury dropping out? I guess though that they've signed Salisbury for a reason and are clearly backing Hull (great to see) so hopefully they'll shut me up with a flurry of wickets.

Finan and Wright are OK with the bat though probably not as strong as Mike or Parkinson at 8 last season but give us a bit of insurance.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, CrawlingFox said:

Agreed. Solid platform from the openers and 3-7 will convert it into a serious total I'd think.

Interesting to see Hull playing, given our woeful pace bowling last season if we can pluck a first team ready seamer from the academy that would be a huge boost.

Worse players about than Lyth to claim as your maiden First Class scalp!

• Like 2