Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

3 minutes ago, CrawlingFox said:

He would be a real upgrade for our attack.

I’ve got a mate who supports them. He said George Garrett and potentially Henry Brookes need a loan too. Although their averages leave a lot to be desired 

Edited by Stadt

2 hours ago, Stadt said:

I’ve got a mate who supports them. He said George Garrett and potentially Henry Brookes need a loan too. Although their averages leave a lot to be desired 

Brookes is quick and bats a bit too. Like you say though his average isn't suggesting he'd be any better than Scriven, Barnes or Davis.

Yorkshire seem a much stronger batting side as well, their bowlers are all medium/medium fast. On the speed gun issue, I think it is off and recording maybe 5mph lower than the actual speed. It's clocking Ben Coad around 70mph, I know he's not quick, but I don't think he's that slow. Jordan Thompson is clocking 77/78 mph as well and I distinctly remember him bowling mid 80s in The Hundred on TV last season, as I was quite surprised by it at the time.

1 hour ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Heading for another defeat, probably by an innings or 10 wickets. But at least we got full bowling points despite going round the park. 

Bowling was just like watching last season. Less said the better.

So dubious about the opening pair. Budinger is nearer 24 than 23 and Patel nearer 25 than 24. Budinger averages 21 in first class cricket and Patel just under 23 and they both scored about par based off those numbers today.

Patel is clearly very talented and plays some lovely shots, the first half of last season he looked to be delivering on his potential but increasingly can see why Essex let him go as he just doesn’t crack on. A real shame he missed out on that ton when he got out on 99 last year, think the confidence boost would have helped him. Suspect if he was at Derbyshire then Mickey Arthur would have him racking up big scores. Perhaps one decent knock and the runs will flow again.

I'm so sceptical of Budinger in this format. Really can't wait to see him against the white ball but 21 off 15 wasn't really what we needed today. Mind you it's a change of pace from Azad and Evans scoring at 2 an over.

Fingers crossed for a ton stand in our second innings to both shut and cheer me up.

Edited by CrawlingFox
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Handscomb to score a load for us then to be replaced by Rahane who will end up flopping knowing Leicestershire 

He's got the right conditions for his century today, hopefully they'll both get more good pitches and fine weather.

• Like 1