Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

2 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Assuming we've at least managed to win at a Yorkshire outground in the past 113 years?!

I'm sure we've won at Scarborough in the last 25 years, although it could be a one-dayer. We used to win One-Day games at Yorkshire every year for about seven.

Just now, Corky said:

I'm sure we've won at Scarborough in the last 25 years, although it could be a one-dayer. We used to win One-Day games at Yorkshire every year for about seven.

Yeah, I thought that. Also thinking of Harrogate, where Yorkshire also played regularly in the 90s, and further back the likes of Bradford, Middlesbrough etc as well.

1 hour ago, Harpenden Fox said:

I’ve always felt Rishi had oodles of style and class, but so often seems to get out for 20something. A massive landmark for him today. Hope he really builds on it. 

Well played Foxes. I did not see that after the Yorkies first knock

100%. Whilst I was foolishly knocking the opening pair after the first innings I said I thought missing out on a ton last season when he hit 99 may have meant he missed out on a huge confidence boost but I think the ton today, under big pressure no less will have answered a lot of questions, sent his confidence through the roof and he can hopefully really push on this season.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Beagle said:

Freddie Trueman, Brian Close, Michael Parkinson, Geoffrey Boycott, Harold Wilson, Brian Blessed, Dickie Bird, Harvey Smith, Lesley Garrett! Your boys took a hell of a beating here! 

I reckon we can throw in our own adopted great captain that was Yorkshire through & through..like Scarborough-rock..

Mr adopted Leicester. Illingworth, sitting on the clouds with a smirky dry smile..

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Yeah, I thought that. Also thinking of Harrogate, where Yorkshire also played regularly in the 90s, and further back the likes of Bradford, Middlesbrough etc as well.

Won at Worksop in 1996 on the way to the title.

Got to remember that until 2000, we'd only play Yorkshire away every other year.

18 minutes ago, Corky said:

Won at Worksop in 1996 on the way to the title.

Got to remember that until 2000, we'd only play Yorkshire away every other year.

Worksop was Notts, though looks like we did beat Yorkshire at Bradford that year - was the last time a First-Class game was played there.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Park_Avenue_(stadium)

19 hours ago, Beagle said:

Better write up at least than when we beat Essex for our first Champ win in 3 years and the back page of the Echo just said "DISGRACE".

Edited by Mike the Metal Ed
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, MaidstoneFox said:

ST Evans, SB Wood, HJ Swindells†, NR Welch, S Steel, TAR Scriven, LPJ Kimber, RI Walker, WS Davis*, E Barnes, JDC Johnson

Blimey that's a strong seconds XI