Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

It's one thing to have the nearby, massively funded test grounds at Edgbaston and Trent Bridge start on time while our players have their feet up but another when 30 miles down the road, Northants are playing and rapidly running through the Middlesex line-up (11-4 as I write this) :frusty:

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Budinger's not fvcking about, it he?

Nixon was saying on the Talksport cricket podcast the other day that Azad was let go because we can only afford all-formats players, with the aim of replacing him with guys like Budinger as a result.Guess the test of how true that is as a policy will come if Lilley lines up for us later on this summer...

Talking out his arse I imagine, like during that weird Q & A they did where he had one reason for Harris not coming back and Henderson said something different.

5 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Anyone know if Jamie Porter or Sam Cook have ever been called up to a test side? Think Porter maybe but didn't play (against India) ? Don't think Cook has though but he's been with the Lions before

Isn’t Cook a bit of a trundler, like his first class record is outstanding but England aren’t going to be interested in people who barely top 80mph given they’d be destroyed on Australian, sub continent pitches. 

I may be wrong though. 

Edited by Lionator

3 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Anyone know if Jamie Porter or Sam Cook have ever been called up to a test side? Think Porter maybe but didn't play (against India) ? Don't think Cook has though but he's been with the Lions before

Think you're right on both counts. If and when Anderson and/or Broad pack it in I hope England look very closely at Cook. More than 200 first class wickets at less than 20 and still 25 so approaching his peak.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Isn’t Cook a bit of a trundler, like his first class record is outstanding but England aren’t going to be interested in people who barely top 80mph given they’d be destroyed on Australian, sub continent pitches. 

I may be wrong though. 

Seems a bit strange to bother with him for the Lions then, but he could easily be an option during home series.