Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

10 hours ago, Corky said:

Benefitted from the loss of play yesterday but we batted a full day with a huge deficit and came out with a draw.

Good effort.

We'd have lost this last year so marked improvement I say. On to the next one

What's the general consensus on Budinger so far? I'm concerned that he's not adapting his game (or being coached enough to adapt his game) to the 4-day format. Yesterday's "effort" put us on the back foot from the start (we really needed an Azad yesterday).

One useful innings in 7 or 8 isn't really enough (remember the back of last season too). These flashy 20s/30s, then out after 5-6 overs, would not be much use in 50 over games either. There's talent there, obviously, but how long should LCCC persist with this "that's the way I roll" approach?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Zorrovolpe said:

What's the general consensus on Budinger so far? I'm concerned that he's not adapting his game (or being coached enough to adapt his game) to the 4-day format. Yesterday's "effort" put us on the back foot from the start (we really needed an Azad yesterday).

One useful innings in 7 or 8 isn't really enough (remember the back of last season too). These flashy 20s/30s, then out after 5-6 overs, would not be much use in 50 over games either. There's talent there, obviously, but how long should LCCC persist with this "that's the way I roll" approach?

I think he has been given the license to do it in all scenarios. He will certainly be exciting and frustrating to watch in the years to come. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zorrovolpe said:

In my opinion we've never really replaced Harris at the top of the order. He was able to reliably score heavily at a decent clip even if he mostly came in at 3. Last season's pairing of Evans and Azad was a painfully slow combination and I think we saw Hill and Patel both used as makeshift openers with little result. Even when Azad or Evans did score big they'd tend to be going at a strike rate of 40 at best so the pairing was never the best idea in my opinion.

This year Patel looks much more confident and is scoring runs at a good rate and looking like the answer at the top of the order. He along with Hill looking comfortable at 3 looks the closest we've got to replacing Harris in my opinion though they'll need to keep going.

I'm dubious of Budinger so far. I can't wait to see him in the Blast but he appears determined to try and score at a run a ball in the four day games and he isn't going to get away with that very often. He's clearly talented but it feels like he could slow down a little bit, be more picky over which balls to go after and therefore stay in longer and score more runs. And still score at the highest strike rate in the side!

Edited by CrawlingFox
  • Like 2