Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

2 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Dark skies, greenish pitch that had been covered and only 4 wickets😩

The batting looks much improved but I think we'll still struggle to bowl teams out twice for scores low enough to give us a chance of many wins. Our main hope is that the summer is dry and hot, allowing Rehan and Parky to come into their own on spinning wickets. Just don't think that our seam attack is good enough, though. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

The batting looks much improved but I think we'll still struggle to bowl teams out twice for scores low enough to give us a chance of many wins. Our main hope is that the summer is dry and hot, allowing Rehan and Parky to come into their own on spinning wickets. Just don't think that our seam attack is good enough, though. 

I don't think Josh Hull is quite ready for the first team yet, a good learning experience, but if they want more height and pace then probably Walker is a slightly better bet.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, trabuch said:

It's been a good day of cricket. I think the idea of giving rugby and LCFC season ticket holders free entry is an excellent one. I hope anyone taking up the offer has enjoyed themselves.

It's a great way to bring sports fans together and introduce a larger supporter base.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

It's a great way to bring sports fans together and introduce a larger supporter base.

Makes you wonder the point of being a member only 6 home games this season free entry Glamorgan game could have got free entry to the Sussex game also.No  doubt they will offer free tickets to another game later in the season.

Has anyone got to the bottom of why Rehan has barely bowled in the last two games? 

I know it’s early season and crap for spin but seems odd. 

Good to see him batting well though.

12 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Has anyone got to the bottom of why Rehan has barely bowled in the last two games? 

I know it’s early season and crap for spin but seems odd. 

Good to see him batting well though.

Both rain affected so the pitch wouldn't have sufficient wear for the spinner to come into their own. 

4 minutes ago, SMX11 said:

Both rain affected so the pitch wouldn't have sufficient wear for the spinner to come into their own. 

Yeah agreed. But could still hold up and end. Especially as a leggy, skidding on is always a factor that could help us. 

1 hour ago, CrawlingFox said:

Patel with a late run for the Ashes squad?

418 runs from 15 innings last season at 27.8 and a s/r of just under 43.

517 from 9 innings at 64.6 so far this season at a s/r of 58.

Night and day. Very pleased for him.

Unlikely imo. Being in div 2 will hurt his stock and he's behind Compton, Haines and Yates at least.

It’s nice that we’re not relying on one player like we have with Parkinson and Hill the last few seasons. 

Hoped we can eke out a few more years from Wright. Glad Scriven’s made us his way into the side and found some form.

• Like 1