Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

28 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

I really dislike this nob of a bloke. Those first two paragraphs are a joke regardless of the rest. 

He’s one of those journos who can’t kick a ball, can’t play cricket, can’t do **** all but is critical in 250 words, when it can take ten. 

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

I really dislike this nob of a bloke. Those first two paragraphs are a joke regardless of the rest. 

He’s one of those journos who can’t kick a ball, can’t play cricket, can’t do **** all but is critical in 250 words, when it can take ten. 

Couldn't disagree more.  Decent journo who has some different takes on stuff.  

His primary tool is language so, yeah, I don't mind him being expressive with it.  

And you have no idea if he's actually a nob (unless you know him personally), or whether he can play sport, not that it matters to me I'm just reading a sports article so I tend not to get so triggered by the sporting ability of the author.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

Couldn't disagree more.  Decent journo who has some different takes on stuff.  

His primary tool is language so, yeah, I don't mind him being expressive with it.  

And you have no idea if he's actually a nob (unless you know him personally), or whether he can play sport, not that it matters to me I'm just reading a sports article so I tend not to get so triggered by the sporting ability of the author.

Accepted you can have your opinion, I can have mine but I’ll never be particularly understanding of a bloke who on record said he supports both arsenal and spurs 

19 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Accepted you can have your opinion, I can have mine but I’ll never be particularly understanding of a bloke who on record said he supports both arsenal and spurs 

Fair enough if that's how you feel.  I think he also said Spurs and Arsenal should merge so I'm not entirely sure he wasn't being a bit of a WUM with those comments.  

But either way I just read his articles some of which I agree with some I don't.  Outside of that I don't really give a toss about him either way.  

Any guesses what our t20 side might look like?

Some interesting decisions to make.

Budinger and Welsh would look a good opening pair.

I'm sure Lilley will play at 3 because why else have him on the books.

Hill to keep? Or do you shoehorn Swindells in somewhere or give Budinger the gloves?

Ahmed, Parkinson and Ackermann are all effective spinners, would Naveen and Mulder be enough pace? Ben Mike may be missed as I'm not sure we have another pace bowler who could provide heavy hitting down the order as he did last aeason. Walker or Scriven could play the same role but none have many t20 games under their belts. Finan is supposedly useful in white ball I think too so may play.

I think the T20 side will look something like this:-

Welch

Budinger

Lilley

Ackermann (spin)

Mulder (pace)

Hill

Kimber

Scriven (pace)

Ahmed (spin)

Parkinson (spin)

Naveen (pace)

Personally I'd go with Steel ahead of Lilley but I can't see that happening. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Walshy5 said:

I think the T20 side will look something like this:-

Welch

Budinger

Lilley

Ackermann (spin)

Mulder (pace)

Hill

Kimber

Scriven (pace)

Ahmed (spin)

Parkinson (spin)

Naveen (pace)

Personally I'd go with Steel ahead of Lilley but I can't see that happening. 

Isn't Rahane in for the blast?

5 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

We've taken Josh Davey on loan from Somerset. Good signing.

Cracking signing. Essentially a one game loan though? 

Unless he returns again for the Glos and Durham games in between blast fixtures?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

I don't understand how you are allowed to loan a player for one game....

Worcs have signed Jack Brooks on loan for one game too lol think I read you can only loan a player on a red ball contract for 14 days, not sure why 

26 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Another poor start with the bat today 

Was looking ok considering the lost the toss until they lost two in the last 10 mins before lunch, both LBW. Hill’s looked like it was sliding down leg. Hanscomb’s was moving all over the place and a good full ball to be fair.

But for that, it would have been fine. With Budinger, you have to expect to be one down with a quick scoring rate at lunch.