Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

50 minutes ago, Cakey said:

Lilley is so bad. Awful . Claim to fame I bowled him in a club game. I'm rubbish really which shows you how bad he is. Also dropped us the C bomb when he got out. Lovely

Think he now plays in the Huddersfield league. Which is not a great level for a pro. 

Also bowled against Joe Denly who smashed us all over to indicate I am genuinely rubbish. Joe was nice. 

I was going to say something on the Facebook posts but his mum always pops up 

he scored a most excellent 9 runs in today's warm-up game. Played Aaron. Excellent contribution. Let's give him a seven year extension. In other news Ackers has hit a ton as we pursue Derbyshire's 231. And of course as I write this he is out

• Like 1

To be fair to Lilley he is a genuine hitter. His strike rate of 150 isn't to be sniffed at and you need at least one player who can produce at that rate in the top 4. He does also seem to care and I think will have been in our top 3 run contributors most seasons in the Blast.

The downside though is that he's only good for about 2 fifties a season so he doesn't produce many match changing knocks. He's also stopped bowling and cost us with his lack of discipline.

I suspect if two from Budinger, Welch and Kimber who all look able to offer hard hitting up top come off this season then it will Lilley's last. But equally I'll nit be complaining if he's on top form and racks up runs.

Steel is a decent run scorer in t20 but pretty slow scoring, fine with others around him who can hit though Ackermann can also be a bit like that.

Edited by CrawlingFox

1 hour ago, CrawlingFox said:

To be fair to Lilley he is a genuine hitter. His strike rate of 150 isn't to be sniffed at and you need at least one player who can produce at that rate in the top 4. He does also seem to care and I think will have been in our top 3 run contributors most seasons in the Blast.

The downside though is that he's only good for about 2 fifties a season so he doesn't produce many match changing knocks. He's also stopped bowling and cost us with his lack of discipline.

I suspect if two from Budinger, Welch and Kimber who all look able to offer hard hitting up top come off this season then it will Lilley's last. But equally I'll nit be complaining if he's on top form and racks up runs.

Steel is a decent run scorer in t20 but pretty slow scoring, fine with others around him who can hit though Ackermann can also be a bit like that.

If he cared that much you'd imagine he was old enough to be a lot more disciplined

Can’t imagine yesterday’s side is too far off that we should expect on Thursday then. 

Hill being rested after a knock at Worcestershire will be back I would imagine, most likely for Swindells. Naseem in for Davis or Finan. 

I presume Kimber must be injured? 

My view of Lilley is that essentially he's a slogger, which is why he comes off sometimes, mostly doesn't and rarely builds innings. He's too high at number 3, this isn't the T10 and he loses his value not bowling. Really he should bat 6 or 7 where you need someone to come straight in and hit 20 off 10 in the last 3-4 overs, ideally then bowl a bit as well. Your top four in T20 should all have the ability to play proper shots at a high strike rate, otherwise they'll get found out. Sunil Narine can bat top 3 and slogs, but he's in the side first and foremost as a bowler. 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, MaidstoneFox said:

My view of Lilley is that essentially he's a slogger, which is why he comes off sometimes, mostly doesn't and rarely builds innings. He's too high at number 3, this isn't the T10 and he loses his value not bowling. Really he should bat 6 or 7 where you need someone to come straight in and hit 20 off 10 in the last 3-4 overs, ideally then bowl a bit as well. Your top four in T20 should all have the ability to play proper shots at a high strike rate, otherwise they'll get found out. Sunil Narine can bat top 3 and slogs, but he's in the side first and foremost as a bowler. 

I'd agree with that. Spot on in my opinion.

17 minutes ago, Walshy5 said:

So how many games have we got Nassem for? I know it's until Naveen is back but it doesn't actually say hoe many games that will be? Good cover though.

Depends how Lucknow get on tomorrow. If they lose then I think it’s only for one game, if they get to the final then it’s three. 

2 hours ago, Lionator said:

Sussex scored 324-5 in a ‘second XI’ game today against Middlesex. That’s over 16 an over. 

Bopara scored 144 and then took 4 wickets! Mental game....he scored more than Middlesex managed as a whole team 

My team would be:

Welch

Budinger

Patel

Ackerman

Mulder

Hill

Ahmed

Scriven

Finan

Naseem

Parkinson

3 decent spinners and 4 seamers (pace bowler, left armer and a couple of swing bowlers) covers all bases/wickets, plus we have batsmen who can score quickly down to 8. 

• Like 2