Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

6 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

If it's any consolation, last season's T20 champions, Hampshire, lost their first 4 group games.

I think the 2 strongest teams on paper in our group are Lancs and Warwickshire, who we play tomorrow, so we've had a tough start. 

I'd say Somerset & Surrey too, both have good bowling attacks.

Surprised at Hills exclusion yesterday, I know he picked up a knock at Worcestershire but he hit a good 60 odd at Derbyshire in a friendly on Wednesday and offers a calm head batting whilst Welch, Budinger and Lilley go mental. 

A couple of changes needed tonight. Would squeeze Scriven in too, good all rounder option.  For me, if you’ve got Welch and Budinger opening, I’d be pushing Lilley down the order to 6/7 or not playing him at all, more times than not we will end up 3 down by the end of the power play.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Feel like we just got very panicked yesterday going from playing aggressive cricket in a format where you're not really thinking about time to one where you are too much. Need cool heads even in T20.

Spot on. Welch, Budinger and Lilley (inevitably) played dreadful panic induced shots which were not required. Lilley to be fair had hit a beautiful straight four the ball before he chipped one to midwicket. You have time lads. If you play yourself in you can easily go mad later in the innings, but not if you're already back in the shed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

Feel like we just got very panicked yesterday going from playing aggressive cricket in a format where you're not really thinking about time to one where you are too much. Need cool heads even in T20.

Bang on - plenty of time to steady and then accelerate at the end. Then at least have 120 to 130 to defend 

• Like 1

Agree on all the above posts.

I'd absolutely have Hill on for Swindells and have either he or Budinger take the gloves. Not a knock on Swindells at all but Hill is the best non-overseas bat at the club in my opinion and whilst his t20 record isn't outstanding he'd also add experience and leadership.

Scriven for Davis would also make sense to me, an additional batter low down and with Naseem, Mulder, Ahmed and Parkinson likely to bowl the bulk of our overs just as good an option as Davis (at least not worse surely) to share the remainder with Ackermann.

• Like 2