Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

Just back from that… what have I just watched?

lost all momentum and discipline when really we should have had them all out for no more than 120.

when your opening batter comes out and plays the same shot and misses 8 times without scoring you know you’re done for! 

• Like 1

Total shambles. 

Any idea if Swindells was injured? Have we honestly not got any better seamers than Finan the binman and Davis? I think most have covered Lilley already. 

Just shocking. We almost got away with it last year after the terrible start with Rutherford misfiring but there cannot be any excuses this year. You don’t mind if they are inept because it’s all that we’ve got, but it’s the team selections, lack of thought in to team balance and overall decision making that really bothers me. 

8 hours ago, Mike the Metal Ed said:

That's the craziest part, he's chiefly contracted to play one format and he's ****ing shite at it.

He only averages 21 with the bat in club cricket this summer FFS. Now I know the Huddersfield League's a reasonable standard but come on...

Was at the game, and looking how the ball was going onto the bat, 130 was probably a par score on that pitch. Our batting wasn't that bad, ultimately it was the colossal mess at the end of the Yorkshire innings which cost us. Only having 5 bowlers was a terrible decision. Somebody trundling up and throwing down 60mph off cutters would've been more beneficial at the end of the innings than Naveen and Finan given the way that the pitch was playing.

Edited by Lionator

Ackermann missing hurt us a lot I think. Even in terms of the balance of the side, Mulder as a straight swap for Naseem and we're shortening the tail whilst still having four overs from Mulder. In the end Mulder has effectively come in for Ackermann and Finan replaced Naseem meaning we've still got 4 bowlers in the side and the longest tail in the competition.

Compare to Wiese and Mike coming in at 8 and 9 for Yorkshire and hammering us to all parts.

41 minutes ago, CrawlingFox said:

Ackermann missing hurt us a lot I think. Even in terms of the balance of the side, Mulder as a straight swap for Naseem and we're shortening the tail whilst still having four overs from Mulder. In the end Mulder has effectively come in for Ackermann and Finan replaced Naseem meaning we've still got 4 bowlers in the side and the longest tail in the competition.

Compare to Wiese and Mike coming in at 8 and 9 for Yorkshire and hammering us to all parts.

When we won the competition in 2011, we literally batted down to 10 with Hoggard at 11. I think you’d stand a good chance if you played 6 batters and 5 all rounders. 

Welch

Hill 

Patel

Ackermann

Mulder

Kimber

Budinger

Scriven

Ahmed

Parkinson

Naveen 

That would be a decent batting side if you could get enough overs out of Mulder, Ackermann and someone else.

1 hour ago, Lionator said:

Was at the game, and looking how the ball was going onto the bat, 130 was probably a par score on that pitch. Our batting wasn't that bad, ultimately it was the colossal mess at the end of the Yorkshire innings which cost us. Only having 5 bowlers was a terrible decision. Somebody trundling up and throwing down 60mph off cutters would've been more beneficial at the end of the innings than Naveen and Finan given the way that the pitch was playing.

😂 I’d look more at how the batters were playing rather than the pitch. 
Sorry I don’t mean to have a go but saying our batting wasn’t that bad is wrong, we batted terribly. 

Edited by Mark 'expert' Lawrenson

32 minutes ago, Lionator said:

When we won the competition in 2011, we literally batted down to 10 with Hoggard at 11. I think you’d stand a good chance if you played 6 batters and 5 all rounders. 

Welch

Hill 

Patel

Ackermann

Mulder

Kimber

Budinger

Scriven

Ahmed

Parkinson

Naveen 

That would be a decent batting side if you could get enough overs out of Mulder, Ackermann and someone else.

That actually looks decent, bats down to 9. 6 bowling options in Naveen, Ahmed, Parkinson, Mulder, Scriven and Ackermann plus the odd over out of Kimber if needed.

1 minute ago, CrawlingFox said:

Steel for Lilley seems a no brainer but has he even played for the seconds this season?

Bats better, bowls better. Doesn't get you docked points for ill discipline.

We signed him, what, two or three years ago, and have basically done a Vestergaard with him. I get that recruitment is hard, and we've had successes, like Patel (and I think Budinger will come good), but my goodness we have recruited some very ordinary cricketers

45 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

😂 I’d look more at how the batters were playing rather than the pitch. 
Sorry I don’t mean to have a go but saying our batting wasn’t that bad is wrong, we batted terribly. 

But apart from Wiese you could say the exact same thing about Yorkshire? 

2 hours ago, Lionator said:

Welch

Hill 

Patel

Ackermann

Mulder

Kimber

Budinger

Scriven

Ahmed

Parkinson

Naveen 

I like this but the problem is I don't think Hull deserves to be dropped. That's the conundrum.