Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

2 hours ago, Harpenden Fox said:

Agreed, Patel looked supreme once again but got a good one. Budinger worked hard, then chased a hideously wide one and was caught behind. I remain of the view he can become next season's Patel. We shall see

Budinger will be brilliant for us. This season, so far, I’ve much preferred watching him get a quick fire 20 or 30 than Evans pushing and prodding  6 runs in 49 balls thank you very much 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Budinger, Patel, Kimber, Ahmed, Scriven and Hull are 6 young players that hopefully stay together and prosper with us, add a couple of good overseas players and some solid county pros we will be ok for the next few years. 

I think our recruitment for next season is going to be key and Nixon has the opportunity to refresh the squad.

I've heard Ackermann and Parkinson are both already off and that's a lot of experience out the door.

Patel is out of contract I think and both Scriven and Kimber may be as well give both signed their last deals in 2021 with lengths undisclosed. Hopefully they were 3 year deals not 2 but keeping hold of those 3 should be number one priority.

Ahmed is tied down long term, Hill and Salisbury are signed until 2025 with Finan, Hull and Budinger until 2024.

I believe Evans, Steel, Lilley, Barnes and Davis are all out of contract and I'm not sure any really warrant new deals unless it's purely for depth/backup. Wright is as well and could retire.

Welch and Walker may be out of contract too as well as neithers contract length was disclosed when signing and again I'm not sure there is a strong case to keep either though both could still make a case and I do like Welch who just seems to need a big score. Swindells I can't find anything on.

Parkinson really needs to do better at tempering his body language. OTT celebrations at inappropriate times and here he's showing his frustration far too easily. Can make all the difference to your teammates' attitude in a situation like this.