Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

Not sure what they do with the Mulder situation going forward for next season. 

He's economical in red ball and had played some big innings, though not consistently this year.  But in T20 he doesn't seen dynamic enough with bat or ball to occupy one of the overseas spots. Really you need match-winners in those roles.

3 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Parky I think we all knew. Ackermann has been very much of a muchness for a while now. Does strike me a little bit we don't want to make market rate. 

Wright is the real loss. 

Ackermann averages over 40 every season its a huge loss

8 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Parky I think we all knew. Ackermann has been very much of a muchness for a while now. Does strike me a little bit we don't want to make market rate. 

Wright is the real loss

Rumour has it he had the cheek to ask for a two year contract rather than a one year one. 

Too much negativity losing Parky,Ackers and Wright will give us the chance to bring in some  bang average cast offs from other counties shite nobody else will touch. Our back room staff will find something past the shocking injury list and poor averages they will have

42 minutes ago, Graceroad said:

Ackermann averages over 40 every season its a huge loss

Normally mid-30s (35 and 34 first class last two seasons). Averaging just over 40 this season. 

Last year greatly assisted by the 277* he scored at Hove

Never get a full season out of him sadly due to Netherlands and the Hundred. 

Outside of Budinger, he has the lowest batting average for us at the Blast this season from the regular batsmen. (17)  

Just the one wicket in the Blast this season too. 

Actually think we are being fairly wise. 

On 14/06/2023 at 14:17, CrawlingFox said:

I think our recruitment for next season is going to be key and Nixon has the opportunity to refresh the squad.

I've heard Ackermann and Parkinson are both already off and that's a lot of experience out the door.

Patel is out of contract I think and both Scriven and Kimber may be as well give both signed their last deals in 2021 with lengths undisclosed. Hopefully they were 3 year deals not 2 but keeping hold of those 3 should be number one priority.

Ahmed is tied down long term, Hill and Salisbury are signed until 2025 with Finan, Hull and Budinger until 2024.

I believe Evans, Steel, Lilley, Barnes and Davis are all out of contract and I'm not sure any really warrant new deals unless it's purely for depth/backup. Wright is as well and could retire.

Welch and Walker may be out of contract too as well as neithers contract length was disclosed when signing and again I'm not sure there is a strong case to keep either though both could still make a case and I do like Welch who just seems to need a big score. Swindells I can't find anything on.

Quote of a previous post above on where I think contract statuses could be.

Wright is a huge, huge loss. Frequently been carrying our bowling for the last few years.

Parkinson often the other bowler to finish a season with respectable numbers also off is also a blow.

Ackermann perhaps not been at his peak over the last few years but a lot of experience gone and can we find someone as good to replace him? Probably not.

Patel will surely have clubs courting him and I think numerous others may be out of contract as above possibly including Kimber, Scriven