Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

I'm not surprised Nixon has gone, for a club that puts so much emphasis on doing well in the T20, the season has been abysmal, not just the results, but the performances as well. It could have justifiably happened in any of the last two seasons as well.  Bring in Phil Simmons as coach, I believe he's available.

37 minutes ago, Graceroad said:

According to fangofox on twitter who always seems to know what's going on behind the scenes it's Thomas and Henderson that have got Nico the sack

How does a guy half the world away get all the intel, its a good source as he has been correct on a lot before.

Revels a bit in the drama. There was a twitter spat with him and Wayne White.

12 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

How does a guy half the world away get all the intel, its a good source as he has been correct on a lot before.

Revels a bit in the drama. There was a twitter spat with him and Wayne White.

No idea and I find it a bit weird that a guy with no connection  to the County's  so obsessed  with the club  but he does seem to have inside info on what's happening

6 hours ago, MaidstoneFox said:

I'm not surprised Nixon has gone, for a club that puts so much emphasis on doing well in the T20, the season has been abysmal, not just the results, but the performances as well. It could have justifiably happened in any of the last two seasons as well.  Bring in Phil Simmons as coach, I believe he's available.

But the 4 day game is the best it's been for over a decade. Surely that has to count for something.

Think there's more behind the scenes with this one.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, HybridFox said:

But the 4 day game is the best it's been for over a decade. Surely that has to count for something.

Think there's more behind the scenes with this one.

However, I doubt they care, red ball isn't bringing them a load of cash in. Also, lets be honest previous campaigns have been so bad anything not entirely s*** is an improvement. Although I agree there does seem more to it then performance, club needs purging behind the scenes, but middle of the season and Nixon being the only casualty doesn't resolve anything.

Edited by Tommy Fresh
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Father Ted said:

Considering one is an England international, one our best batsman this season and another the only one really capable of coming in at 6/7 and giving it a good wack, I’d say yes 3 key players.

That is if reports are true. 

On a side note, hearing Burgess from Warwickshire is coming back

Is he on loan at Sussex?

Budinger in the squad replacing the injured Kimber for tonight's game; hopefully he'll get a chance to show what he can do after a good run out in the 2nds this week.

After barely scoring a run in the last four games, I'd also expect to see Ackermann carrying drinks and someone like Hill return.

38 minutes ago, LBTufty said:

Budinger in the squad replacing the injured Kimber for tonight's game; hopefully he'll get a chance to show what he can do after a good run out in the 2nds this week.

After barely scoring a run in the last four games, I'd also expect to see Ackermann carrying drinks and someone like Hill return.

Hanscomb’s captain, so would presume Hill is not playing.

Edit - Hill’s been added to the squad for this game. Parkinson and Ackerman in.

God know what’s happening.

Edited by when_you're_smiling

I think it's quite disastrous losing all three of those players at the same time. Parkinson was clearly leaving but not necessarily the other two. That Yorkshire as well as Durham were interested indicates the value of Ackerman. I also think Chris Wright is a highly impressive model pro, someone who could have been offered a pathway into coaching at the club, instead we've lost all that knowledge for good.

Cricinfo suggests Hendo and Thomas in charge for the rest of the season, I guess we are still paying Nixon's wages. Also reports that more departures are imminent. 

5 minutes ago, MaidstoneFox said:

I think it's quite disastrous losing all three of those players at the same time. Parkinson was clearly leaving but not necessarily the other two. That Yorkshire as well as Durham were interested indicates the value of Ackerman. I also think Chris Wright is a highly impressive model pro, someone who could have been offered a pathway into coaching at the club, instead we've lost all that knowledge for good.

Cricinfo suggests Hendo and Thomas in charge for the rest of the season, I guess we are still paying Nixon's wages. Also reports that more departures are imminent. 

It’s Thomas & Taylor. 

14 hours ago, Father Ted said:

Considering one is an England international, one our best batsman this season and another the only one really capable of coming in at 6/7 and giving it a good wack, I’d say yes 3 key players.

That is if reports are true. 

On a side note, hearing Burgess from Warwickshire is coming back

I assume that's Ahmed, Rishi and Kimber then? That would be an utter disaster if we lost all three. Might as well rip it up and start again. I feel sick.

28 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

You seem determined that he’s leaving 😂 

Hope I'm wrong just heard about Essex from a few people . OF course I hope he stays.Changing subject Chris Tavare and Geoff Boycott would be proud of the amount of blocking by Sean Jarvis atm

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Well I’ll say he’s staying. Time will tell 

I hope you're right but I have to wonder why he'd want to stay at the moment if he's got other offers. I know he credited Nico with some of the advice that's led to his batting pushing on so that loyalty won't be a factor anymore.

• Like 1