Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

Mate of mine is an Essex supporter also and knows a few of the Essex players quite well. Apparently they are expecting Rishi Patel to join for next season.

Doesn't mean to say it will happen as its probably just come from one source or a careless comment, but I've heard pretty much the same as mentioned above.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Rehan Ahmed has been called up to the England squad for the 2nd Ashes test.

Perhaps he will manage to turn a ball for England, because he hasn't for the County this season. His bowling has been very underwhelming, but he has earnt his place in the championship games with his batting.  Of course he is still very young, and has undoubted potential, and has every chance of being a top player, with the right guidance and coaching, but his bowling certainly needs alot of work if he is to get there.

Club chairman has commented saying he’s (Nixon) been placed on leave and can’t say anything else due to legalities. 

Edited by Bert

14 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

Perhaps he will manage to turn a ball for England, because he hasn't for the County this season. His bowling has been very underwhelming, but he has earnt his place in the championship games with his batting.  Of course he is still very young, and has undoubted potential, and has every chance of being a top player, with the right guidance and coaching, but his bowling certainly needs alot of work if he is to get there.

It will be for his batting as much as his bowling and if selected, it wouldn't be a surprise if they threw the ball to Root as often as to Rehan at Lord's.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

Jarvis has spoken.....

Usual crap from Jarvis club moving forward making great progress etc surprised he didn't mention the increase on followers  on the clubs social media platforms he must have forgot  that one

On 08/06/2007 at 17:50, Micky Ruddle said:

I think its safe to say that....Leicestershire CCC have knocked Derbyshire and Durham off the bottom spaces as one of the worst counties. I hate to say it, but it looks that way.

Major changes are needed, and Mr Boon has do something about him. He promised big things at the club, and as the saying goes.."it's easier said than done". He has said it, but hasn't delivered.

C'mon though Derbyshire - i shouldn't be saying this - but are an ambitious club and look like they will be promotion contenders in the next few years, unlike Leicestershire who are still sitting on their arses and not moving forward. We brought in 2 overseas players who are useless (Amjad and Krugar) and lost out on Mr Twenty20 (Darren Maddy) What fools go and sell your best player to your rivals? He is inspirational player and it shows, he is very much missed here and we need him back.

Plus - we haven't won a game in the LV County Championship and it was nearly a decade since we won DIVISION 1! Now, we're sitting near the BOTTOM OF DIVISION 2. :@ We can't last 50 overs, and at a ground like Somerset, we can't get 200+. I don't like to be referring to Derbys' but they notched up a massive 800+. It's embarrassing.

I blame the Leicestershire CCC board for all this doing. :@

WAKE UP LEICESTERSHIRE! :@

Went back to the beginning of this thread from 2007. 

Little appears to have changed in 16 years (although I do think we won the T20  in 2012 ish right?)

92 run defeat at home in a 20 over match, that takes some doing.

Jarvis said: "A lot of information has come to my attention over the past two months and as chief executive of this club, I'll be investigating comments, allegations, all those sorts of things that have gone on". He also said that since he came to Leicestershire there has been a mess behind every door he opened.

2 minutes ago, MaidstoneFox said:

92 run defeat at home in a 20 over match, that takes some doing.

Jarvis said: "A lot of information has come to my attention over the past two months and as chief executive of this club, I'll be investigating comments, allegations, all those sorts of things that have gone on". He also said that since he came to Leicestershire there has been a mess behind every door he opened.

Anyone got any idea what this could be about then?