Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

10 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Anyone got any idea what this could be about then? 

I remember nico making some comments not long ago that made me think he was probably a right wing gammon but can't remember exactly. 

Might have been on social media. 

Jarvis is more than likely right let's be honest. The club has been a complete disgrace for years 

2 minutes ago, steve555 said:

Had the misfortune to be at the last 2 T20 home games . The 2 innings combined have seen them lose 20 wickets in just under 35 overs , absolutely shocking.

l was at both as well, l agree, been to six out of the seven down there, and have been disappointed, l thought we would do well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lako42 said:

I remember nico making some comments not long ago that made me think he was probably a right wing gammon but can't remember exactly. 

Jarvis is more than likely right let's be honest. The club has been a complete disgrace for years 

I was looking at his Twitter earlier looking to see if he’d reacted to anything about his leaving and was surprised that looking at his likes he’s pretty right wing, pro Trump etc.

Also well into his conspiracy theories, particularly seemingly the one that claims 9/11 was a fake.

I didn’t dive that far back, but would that be enough to lose your job?

1 hour ago, Lako42 said:

If you follow him on twitter he comes across as a proper conspiracy theorist nut, some of the stuff he likes is proper oddball stuff. Crickets answer to Matt LeTissier. 

Still a ledge as a player though so sad to see him go. (*unless he turns out to be a wrongun!!)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, when_you're_smiling said:

I was looking at his Twitter earlier looking to see if he’d reacted to anything about his leaving and was surprised that looking at his likes he’s pretty right wing, pro Trump etc.

Also well into his conspiracy theories, particularly seemingly the one that claims 9/11 was a fake.

I didn’t dive that far back, but would that be enough to lose your job?

That's it. It was just a quick look at his frankly batshit opinions on twitter that made me question him as a coach of a diverse group of people. 

I wouldn't work for him 

27 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Anyone reckon something has come to light regarding Nixon that perhaps isn't pleasant at all? Even something historical and the club couldn't continue with him once the information came to light? 

Yep, that's exactly what's been suggested by people at Grace Road tonight.  Whether those rumours, which are very serious, have any foundation at all we shall wait and see.  I really hope they are baseless. 

Leicestershire's chief executive Sean Jarvis has said that he will be "investigating comments and allegations", 

Something has definitely happened, timing is really off and especially with the 3 leavers. Doesn't look great on the club at all. 

15 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

How does a guy half the world away get all the intel, its a good source as he has been correct on a lot before.

Revels a bit in the drama. There was a twitter spat with him and Wayne White.

15 hours ago, Graceroad said:

No idea and I find it a bit weird that a guy with no connection  to the County's  so obsessed  with the club  but he does seem to have inside info on what's happening

Direct line to the big man himself. In what other job could you tell some random bloke on the other side of the world about the deficiencies of your staff / players. It's poor practice at best, naivety if I'm being generous, and an HR fiasco at worse.

image.png.440782a16f7053f718c3f82dba4bff54.png

8 hours ago, Narborough Bod said:

Direct line to the big man himself. In what other job could you tell some random bloke on the other side of the world about the deficiencies of your staff / players. It's poor practice at best, naivety if I'm being generous, and an HR fiasco at worse.

image.png.440782a16f7053f718c3f82dba4bff54.png

Think you've posted this before and it's fairless harmless, he hardly calls him s***

1 hour ago, Graceroad said:

You  clearly have never met Nico he's one of the most genuine  man you will ever meet. When my dad who he only knew as a supporter was diagnosed with Parkinson  disease  he would phone or text  at least twice  a week even visited the house on occasions  and many people will have similar  stories.Yes he's pretty much right wing politically  but so what do  we really want to cancel people who have different view points

Nah I haven’t met him, was answering a question someone else had really and also, just because they have those sort of views, doesn’t mean they’re bad people. I think the esteem others have for him speaks for itself as does the fact he’s been here six years.

I didn’t see anything that I thought would get him the sack (though families of victims of 9/11 might disagree) but also really didn’t go back very far. 

2 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Think you've posted this before and it's fairless harmless, he hardly calls him s***

Yeah, couldn't remember and didn't fancy trawling through hundreds of pages.

I guess as a pro sportsman Swindells with have thick skin so wouldn't be bothered.

But I still think that sharing technical stuff like this with a gobshite who sprays stuff all over the internet is very naive.

I just hope that Nixon's legacy (as a player) isn't ruined by this 'we can't talk for legal reasons' stuff. 

Regardless of it, the clubs handling of the last few days has been shambolic.

I've always found Nicko to be very friendly, approachable and enthusiastic as a player, he would always chat to to fans. 

But regardless of these allegations, I think we should have had a coaching change a couple of years ago. I don't think he would have made it into his sixth anywhere else and I can't think of any other county that hasn't had a Head Coach change in that time. It's not as if we've been successful in that time!

I don't blame the players for leaving as they are all moving to counties with better resources and facilities. Dan Lawrence has gone from Essex to Surrey and it's not really about money, it's lifestyle and opportunities. 

But it's terrible mismanagement again to have these three and probably more leaving the club in the same season, then playing half the season with their hearts not in it. It affects morale of the whole team. 

• Like 3

We could look at it another way, we’ve not been successful with these players, all high earners, so maybe it’s an opportunity to rebuild the side, the 3 confirmed that are leaving already plus a few others will free up much needed cash.

We will have Rishi, Ahmed, Budinger, Hill, Kimber and Hull, add the 2 overseas and a few shrewd signings then it won’t be the end of the world. 

Recruitment will be the key.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

We could look at it another way, we’ve not been successful with these players, all high earners, so maybe it’s an opportunity to rebuild the side, the 3 confirmed that are leaving already plus a few others will free up much needed cash.

We will have Rishi, Ahmed, Budinger, Hill, Kimber and Hull, add the 2 overseas and a few shrewd signings then it won’t be the end of the world. 

Recruitment will be the key.

Can I ask why you are so confident  that Rishi will be staying?

33 minutes ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

If Henderson/Jarvis stay do we see another job for the boys in the head coach role? 

Graham Ford as an option?

Hopefully get somone in who's got a decent record of building something and leaving the club in a better position from when they came in. Which is why I always suggest Adam Griffith.

Edited by Tommy Fresh

On 24/06/2023 at 07:51, Tommy Fresh said:

Did Carberry ever name the County in his accusations? Although can't see it being that, if it was related to Leicestershire you'd hope Jarvis would have done some digging when he came in. Must be something fairly recent.

I think it was pretty easy to work out that it was probably us.