Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

1 hour ago, Cakey said:

Heard today that Ryan Patel, Toby Petman and Conor Mckerr are likely to come over. Same person was correct about Handscombe but who knows. 

Don't know alot about them? Ravi be really good

Bopara is 38, so surely wouldn't be more than a white ball contract. Certainly an upgrade on Aaron Lilley, even at that age. Patel (batter/occasional medium pacer) and McKerr (fast medium bowler) are surplus to requirements at Surrey as they have so much talent. Neither ever got a regular run in the side, but both have talent. McKerr is on loan at Derby and is continuously being loaned out to different counties - but a sign that he wants to play. Pettman is playing for Notts seconds against our seconds at the moment, he's a very tall seam bowler (but not very quick) who's been at Notts a few years and again, was on loan at Derbyshire last year.  They are all mid-twenties, so all need to move to get first team cricket. I'd say Patel and McKerr are probably better than what we have, no so sure about Pettman. With Pettman and Josh Hull it will be more like a basketball team.

Mckerr I've seen play he is quick, really tall also must be 6ft 6 or so. Pettmans record is really good but hasn't played much in the last year.

If we had 3 bowlers at 6ft 6 to 6ft 8 we'd probably produce slow low pitches. 

The 2nd XI have wrapped up their win against Notts by an innings and 80 runs. The second string seam attack have all given themselves a chance of being selected for next week's match against Glamorgan, their match figures being:

Davis 6-52

Salisbury 7-94

Walker 5-69

20 minutes ago, LBTufty said:

The 2nd XI have wrapped up their win against Notts by an innings and 80 runs. The second string seam attack have all given themselves a chance of being selected for next week's match against Glamorgan, their match figures being:

Davis 6-52

Salisbury 7-94

Walker 5-69

we're they playing against the under 11's 

19 hours ago, Cakey said:

Heard today that Ryan Patel, Toby Petman and Conor Mckerr are likely to come over. Same person was correct about Handscombe but who knows. 

Don't know alot about them? Ravi be really good

Ryan Patel smashes it doesn’t he? With him and Budinger it could be carnage (either way) not sure about the other 2 

Ryan Patel would probably play at most counties all the time, currently very stiff competition. I'd be happy with him coming over. 

Our bowling is the main issue, I don't trust any of them to bowl a tight spell. Not one. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Cakey said:

Ryan Patel would probably play at most counties all the time, currently very stiff competition. I'd be happy with him coming over. 

Our bowling is the main issue, I don't trust any of them to bowl a tight spell. Not one. 

Agreed our bowling is duff. Hull, Mckerr, is ok but we need control. We can't go for 4/5 an over every innings.

5 hours ago, Cakey said:

Scriven has looked good in all formats when he has played and we missed him in the one day cup last season when he picked up an injury after finally cementing his place again. 

Hull is young but has all the qualities to be a real success. 

Mulder not bowling due to a back injury but he’s contracted next season too, so hopefully should offer another option. 

After that, well, get rid of the lot, drain the swamp. Davis, Finan, Salisbury (of what I’ve seen), Barnes all not good enough. 

Roman Walker bizarrely rolled through the India test side last year then never got another sniff. Been out injured but has looked good since his return this last month. Perhaps there could be something there too. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Father Ted said:

Scriven has looked good in all formats when he has played and we missed him in the one day cup last season when he picked up an injury after finally cementing his place again. 

Hull is young but has all the qualities to be a real success. 

Mulder not bowling due to a back injury but he’s contracted next season too, so hopefully should offer another option. 

After that, well, get rid of the lot, drain the swamp. Davis, Finan, Salisbury (of what I’ve seen), Barnes all not good enough. 

Roman Walker bizarrely rolled through the India test side last year then never got another sniff. Been out injured but has looked good since his return this last month. Perhaps there could be something there too. 

I think I'd agree with that. I thought Finan looked to have something at the end of last season but he's been underwhelming this season.

Wright going compounds the issue of an already weak attack so significant investment in the bowling is required. Not to mention Parkinson (and Ackermann) going means we're reliant on Ahmed for spin and he will miss games due to England commitments as well. Steel is a very useful limited overs spinner but we've seen nothing of him and suspect he'll be off in anycase.

On 06/07/2023 at 11:58, SemperEadem said:

Not really the thread for it but its been sad to see how many local clubs in Leicestershire has fallen fowl of vandalism recently.

That Barkby stuff is a fvcking disgrace. One of the oldest clubs in the county.

Anyone seen anything about the squad for tomorrow? Is Rahane here?

As shambolic as this season appears to be becoming we've still got a chance of promotion so I expect to see Ackermann and Parkinson continue to play, rather than us pick others with an eye to the future. No idea if Ahmed will be available or still with England but Hopefully Mulder is available and can actually bowl. Maybe worth giving Walker a go as well given much of our bowling looks sub standard.

The likes of Ryan Patel, Toby Pettman or Connor McKerr that we've been linked to for next season could be handy on loan if it's doable given the likes of Barnes or Salisbury aren't offering much.

20 minutes ago, CrawlingFox said:

Anyone seen anything about the squad for tomorrow? Is Rahane here?

As shambolic as this season appears to be becoming we've still got a chance of promotion so I expect to see Ackermann and Parkinson continue to play, rather than us pick others with an eye to the future. No idea if Ahmed will be available or still with England but Hopefully Mulder is available and can actually bowl. Maybe worth giving Walker a go as well given much of our bowling looks sub standard.

The likes of Ryan Patel, Toby Pettman or Connor McKerr that we've been linked to for next season could be handy on loan if it's doable given the likes of Barnes or Salisbury aren't offering much.

Rahane with India in the west indies chance he may come in August