Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

1 hour ago, Lako42 said:

Leicester electric would have been doable before they redeveloped one side of it 

I like Grace Road and think it could be okay if developed. 

Headingly is hardly in the middle of Leeds

But Leeds in general is a much better connected city. Headingley and Burley Park stations are either side of that ground and 10 minutes walk away. In turn, they're connected to the biggest railway station in the country.

Grace Road is just too far in terms of walking distance from the city centre to be a viable public transport option for most. Leicestershire are fortunate in that they're one of the few counties who can call on a local, working class fanbase near to their ground who will show up if the games are scheduled at the right times. The problem is they so rarely are.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lako42 said:

Leicester electric would have been doable before they redeveloped one side of it 

I like Grace Road and think it could be okay if developed. 

Headingly is hardly in the middle of Leeds

The Electricity found, a former home of the County before returning to Grace Road, was a massive missed opportunity. Much better location and would've formed a sporting quarter of the city. Utilising car parking and transport connections shared with the football ground, and to a lesser extent the rugby ground.

As for the transformation of Grace Road, I'll believe it when I see it.

If it's anything like player recruitment and retention then we'll end up with a couple of rusty old open top double decker buses to sit in, and the Meet will be repainted! 😬

51 minutes ago, StanSP said:

How the hell have they got to 200+ lol lol

7 minutes ago, BigWesMorgan said:

93-7 to 320-8 😂😂😂😂😂

Predictable, when Glam were 90-7 you almost knew we would have problems getting the last few wickets. It seem to happen to frequently . Is it down to fitness levels.

2 minutes ago, Fox1norfolk said:

Predictable, when Glam were 90-7 you almost knew we would have problems getting the last few wickets. It seem to happen to frequently . Is it down to fitness levels.

Seems strange selecting only 3 seamers. Of which one is old and another injury prone. Surely not the conditions for Parkinson/Ackermann? 

In fact, I was surprised to see Ahmed carrying water bottles too. Good enough to make the England test squad, yet not selected for us, with us choosing a spinner that can’t bat nowhere near as good and is leaving anyway ahead of him!!

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Father Ted said:

Seems strange selecting only 3 seamers. Of which one is old and another injury prone. Surely not the conditions for Parkinson/Ackermann? 

In fact, I was surprised to see Ahmed carrying water bottles too. Good enough to make the England test squad, yet not selected for us, with us choosing a spinner that can’t bat nowhere near as good and is leaving anyway ahead of him!!

Maybe Ahmed is leaving as well! But otherwise the selection is a strange one, even is Parkinson is currently a better red ball spinner than Ahmed.

I saw Ackerman drop Neser in the slips, when they were 130 odd for 7 and the commentator was suggesting 150 was a good score on this wicket. Look how we've let them run away with it. 

27 minutes ago, MaidstoneFox said:

Maybe Ahmed is leaving as well! But otherwise the selection is a strange one, even is Parkinson is currently a better red ball spinner than Ahmed.

I saw Ackerman drop Neser in the slips, when they were 130 odd for 7 and the commentator was suggesting 150 was a good score on this wicket. Look how we've let them run away with it. 

Heavy rumour of Lancs this week 

13 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

How does it work when he’s contracted to us for another 3 seasons? 

Both clubs agree compensation. Willey went to Yorks for £50k a few years ago. 

ECB are pushing for transfer fees/windows to become more of a thing 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Both clubs agree compensation. Willey went to Yorks for £50k a few years ago. 

ECB are pushing for transfer fees/windows to become more of a thing 

The Foxes will be due around £2m in back compensation going back to Gower, Mullally et.al.