Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

2 hours ago, Graceroad said:

Be more surprised if it didn't happen tbh

Agreed. Pretty sure Kimber and Scriven may be out of contract too though whether either has quite done enough to attract other counties I'm not sure outside of Kimber's t20 knocks. Both could be key players and leaders in next year's side the way things are going if they do stay.

1 minute ago, CrawlingFox said:

Agreed. Pretty sure Kimber and Scriven may be out of contract too though whether either has quite done enough to attract other counties I'm not sure outside of Kimber's t20 knocks. Both could be key players and leaders in next year's side the way things are going if they do stay.

I’ve heard Kimber is going too. 

I had heard about Ahmed to Lancs too. Offered him a package with family perks that I’m not sure he could ever refuse. 

The t20 side was shocking this year even with Parkinson, Ackermann, Ahmed, Patel and Kimber in it for the majority. Imagine how bad it will be if we lost all of them! Because I can't see us getting decent replacements.

Edited by Walshy5

On 12/07/2023 at 14:42, Voll Blau said:

Unless it's closer to the city centre than Grace Road, any new ground would be a complete white elephant. The city and county just aren't well connected enough for anywhere else to work.

Oh absolutely, I meant closer to the city centre. No idea how much new stadiums cost, but would £60mill be enough for one for a county of our size?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

Useful last day points against Glamorgan. 

And Sussex only managed a draw v Derbyshire here at Hove. (Incredible match though - right down to the 2nd last delivery - Derbyshire should take a lot of credit for very nearly chasing down 389 runs in 60 overs for the win)

Turned a chase down. Dissapointing but a good effort. May regret that long term. 

Can't see kimber leaving or anyone wanting him. Great knock today, potential but averages 28. Patel will stay. 

The way Parky bowled yesterday I'd drive him up to Durham tomorrow. 

I don't know why people rate him so highly. Look at his record!

In my view we push on now. Still pick Wright as we have no replacement. Let the other two crack on. They have obviously given any way. 

It's not all doom and gloom. Keep the faith 

Edited by Cakey
  • Like 2

I'm assuming that Lilley, Welsh, Davis and Evans will be moving on as well as they are all peripheral and probably out of contract. That would leave us with only the following players not confirmed leaving or rumoured to be leaving:

Barnes

Budinger

Finan

Hill

Hull

Mulder (O)

Salisbury

Scriven

Swindells

Walker

Edited by MaidstoneFox

Pretty sure Kimber and Scriven are contracted for next season, the vastly underused Walker needs to have a chance.

Patel will be here next season, the rumours regarding Ahmed are concerning though.

As a poster before said we could actually bumble our way into division 1, 2 more wins and high some scoring draws should be enough. 

Ahmed and Patel are not leaving this year.

Patel is a bright lad. He is in thecshop window and his career is taking off he will only move if its a gauranteed spot. He is no Ben Mike. 

He may not even get a game at Essex he will stay. 

Ahmed isn't around enough to warrant a move. Teams don't want a player that's available forv4 or 5 games a year. 

Stand on me. Kimber nobody else would want and Scriven similar. 

Parkinson is crap any way so we need to replace Ackerman and what 3 bowlers

I'm convinced of the above but could be nuts 

Edited by Cakey
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Pretty sure Kimber and Scriven are contracted for next season, the vastly underused Walker needs to have a chance.

Patel will be here next season, the rumours regarding Ahmed are concerning though.

As a poster before said we could actually bumble our way into division 1, 2 more wins and high some scoring draws should be enough. 

Would love to know what makes you think Patel will be here next season.He would be made to stay here when he could double his  salary  elsewhere 

1 minute ago, Cakey said:

Ahmed and Patel are not leaving this year.

Patel is a bright lad. He is in thecshop window and his career is taking off he will only move if its a gauranteed spot. He is no Ben Mike. 

He may not even get a game at Essex he will stay. 

Ahmed isn't around enough to warrant a move. Teams don't want a player that's available forv4 or 5 games a year. 

Stand on me. Kimber nobody else would want and Scriven similar. 

I'm convinced of the above but could be nuts lol

Don't forget Lawrence leaving Cook winding down 

Just think he has a bit more about him than a Zak Chapple or Ben Mike. I'm sure he will leave eventually but yet. Even if he doubles his money he wants to play. Every game in every competition 

Just now, Cakey said:

Just think he has a bit more about him than a Zak Chapple or Ben Mike. I'm sure he will leave eventually but yet. Even if he doubles his money he wants to play. Every game in every competition 

Maybe but based on this year's form he would get in the starting 11 at any County.He would walk into the Essex side in front of the likes of Paul Walter and Nick Browne