Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

Well I'm not often correct but I'm genuinely thrilled with that. A good move for him and County. 

Just had a hunch the lad had his head screwed on. Even if we doubled his money it's worth it. 

Lose a few that never play. Use loans 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lionator said:

I also agree with @Cakey that's it's unlikely Ahmed will leave. Usually they leave to boost their international hopes but he's already there so why leave? There's also a chance he gets an IPL gig next year too.

I reckon you're right. I don't actually know if he's got an England contract yet but once he does then pay isn't much of an issue and that's surely just a matter of time.

We're also shite enough that we'll just be glad to have him at all and that might help him when it comes to picking and choosing what franchise commitments to make.

Just a glimmer of hope and optimism with the Rishi renewal. Although Sol has been largely disappointing I do think he might do a Rishi next season. Hill remains very decent. Hopefully Wiaan will return. Rehan may end up being a better batter than bowler. The bowling, though, needs proper wicket taking reinforcements. We are painfully full of ordinary at the moment. Scriven may just develop into a proper all-rounder. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Cakey said:

Delray Rawlins could be useful. Very good white ball player. Tidy bat bowler in T20 and Gun fielder. Surely a better bet than Lilley? 

Released by Sussex today. 26. Not overseas. 

I saw that and agree with what you say. Only thing is that from the article I'm not sure if his release was a mutual agreement that means he can go back to Bermuda for a bit to be with friends and family. If that's a temporary move (and he does say in the article that he's not finished with cricket) then maybe a return to the UK next season would fit nicely.

The discipline of bowling and fielding shown today in finals day alone shows how far apart we are from the top sides. 

Michael Finan bowls more wides in one over than you will have seen all day today. 

Do you sometimes wonder if we are just spot fixing or match fixing with how diabolical our pace bowling and fielding has been this campaign? 🤣

Josh Cobb is out of favour at Northants atm and he's had abit of a fallout with the hierarchy there from what I've heard over being stripped of the T20 captaincy. I certainly wouldn't be against a return for him. Much better option than Lilley and can bowl occasional spin too.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Walshy5 said:

Josh Cobb is out of favour at Northants atm and he's had abit of a fallout with the hierarchy there from what I've heard over being stripped of the T20 captaincy. I certainly wouldn't be against a return for him. Much better option than Lilley and can bowl occasional spin too.

I think that's a decent shout. The T20 side is probably losing four spin options in Ackermann, Parkinson and (the much less used) Lilley and Steel next season so he'd be a handy replacement as someone who can get his arm over and would replace Ackermann's experience and batting as well.

Does he still play four day stuff?