Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

1 hour ago, Cakey said:

Given the choice I'd have Rawlins. Cobb is a strong man but your carrying another in the field. Our fielding is already very poor

25 year old or 35 year old 

His red ball record has been appalling as well and don't really want another white ball only player. Hopefully there's already soundings about a new coach and we better players.

Derbyshire just signed Pat Brown from Worcs on the strength of Mickey Arthur as coach.

9 hours ago, MaidstoneFox said:

His red ball record has been appalling as well and don't really want another white ball only player. Hopefully there's already soundings about a new coach and we better players.

Derbyshire just signed Pat Brown from Worcs on the strength of Mickey Arthur as coach.

They also signed Glamorgan skipper David Lloyd who's  a very good county cricketer 2 great signings

• Like 1

Just now, SemperEadem said:

From the emojis I possibly thought it is a Lion’s call up for Patel.

I'm now thinking a new contract for Ahmed. I know he signed one last year but a lot's changed since then so I guess he could easily demand new terms. 

5 minutes ago, Lionator said:

I'm now thinking a new contract for Ahmed. I know he signed one last year but a lot's changed since then so I guess he could easily demand new terms. 

I was correct, good stuff managing to keep Ahmed and Patel amid the other departures. Will make the club more attractive to prospective signings with hungry, young and most of all talented players around.

• Like 3

Really really good news. I wonder (and I am merely speculating, I have no inside knowledge) if this has anything to do with Nico leaving. Mr Leicestershire and all that, and no one could doubt his extraordinary enthusiasm, but was he actually a good enough coach? Who knows, but I'm really keen on the Rishi and Rehan news.

If we're aiming to reduce our squad size in order to pay better players rather more I'm all in favour of this. We still have too many contracted players who aren't going to make it here or anywhere else.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, when_you're_smiling said:

:S - I mean, surely this is bollocks and we’ve not announced signing someone who is leaving. 

There's zero chance a county team, test match or not, is paying off a 4 year contract for a player who probably won't even be available for chunks of the season. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Harpenden Fox said:

Really really good news. I wonder (and I am merely speculating, I have no inside knowledge) if this has anything to do with Nico leaving. Mr Leicestershire and all that, and no one could doubt his extraordinary enthusiasm, but was he actually a good enough coach? Who knows, but I'm really keen on the Rishi and Rehan news.

If we're aiming to reduce our squad size in order to pay better players rather more I'm all in favour of this. We still have too many contracted players who aren't going to make it here or anywhere else.

We're just trying to join the dots, we don't really know. Richard Rae did say that the young players are very unhappy, without elaborating on that and now here we have two of the young players signing new contracts, after Nico has departed.

5 hours ago, Harpenden Fox said:

My gut is Nico was what we needed three years ago but he’s not what we need now. Henderson isn’t much better either. 

The coaches in charge now have a genuine get up and go about them. How long can that last? Who knows 

Great news this is. If we can get a decent young coach, preferably from abroad like Gillespie when he was starting out it would be great. A real focus on youth and developing talent. They've done a great job with Rishi Patel and Rehan Ahmed's endorsement by extending is a great step forward.

• Like 1