Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

10 hours ago, Lionator said:

Just as bad as the McManus incident. Having to cheat to get wickets, how low. 

The Worcs twitter account desperately showing a second angle on their tweet for the wicket. Guilt by admission. 

Also Hill's reaction to his wicket is telling - normally not one to nibble at umpires. 

Partly glad it dragged into a third day to keep those two umpires having to stay over for another night 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, LBTufty said:

How the umpire has deemed that catch to be taken is beyond me?!

I'm not sure the umpire(s) did actually give it.

Our batsman just walked off after a long pause.  Maybe he thought it must have been a good catch, as the fielders were celebrating so madly.

But then, the Worcestershire fielders were screaming their heads off at anything and everything ... so i wouldn't be placing their integrity too high up the list!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

I'm not sure the umpire(s) did actually give it.

Our batsman just walked off after a long pause.  Maybe he thought it must have been a good catch, as the fielders were celebrating so madly.

But then, the Worcestershire fielders were screaming their heads off at anything and everything ... so i wouldn't be placing their integrity too high up the list!

The umpire did give it. I was watching to see what he did as the catch just didn’t look right at the time.

Is the club website down today? Can’t get on. EDIT- Nevermind. Just seen on Twitter we’ve already lost.

Edited by when_you're_smiling

3 hours ago, Graceroad said:

Of course it's unfair however let's all be honest if we had a fast bowler good enough to make the England squad but then get released  to play we wouldn't  complain.

That’s not really the point is it because we don’t?

The idea that one team can bring in a fresh bowler when the other team can’t is completely unfair. Can you imagine in football if one team was allowed to make substitutions and the other wasn’t? 

• Like 1

I can't really explain it, but it just looked wrong.  The body language of all the players.  

Worcestershire players had an air of sheepishness hidden behind bravado ... like they were jumping up and down screaming "great catch, superb catch", but were actually thinking "that ball hit the ground".

Ah well, it's history now. But I've put Worcs in my little black book. 

8 minutes ago, Graceroad said:

Anyone know what's happening with Rahane? He's not in the Indian squad for the West Indies ODI series. Considering  what a big name signing he was the club seem to have gone very quiet on the matter

Probably taking the long route back home.

Good to see Scrivo signed up. Now he's been fit consistently he looks to be growing into the side as a bowler in all formats and I think he has potential with the bat too. Should be a key player during the 50 over comp.

Anyone know Kimber's contract status? Feel like he's another in the same bracket who it would be good to see signed up for longer.

19 hours ago, Graceroad said:

Anyone know what's happening with Rahane? He's not in the Indian squad for the West Indies ODI series. Considering  what a big name signing he was the club seem to have gone very quiet on the matter

“Ajinkya, after the two Tests in West Indies (which is supposed to end on July 24), is supposed to fly directly to England and join Leicestershire for the remainder of the season. He will play Royal London Cup in August and a possible four County games in September as he is unlikely to be a part of white ball scheme of things,” a BCCI source in know of things, told PTI on conditions of anonymity.