Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

19 minutes ago, Lionator said:

I've yet to hear Claude's name in a positive light since he came back. Seems to be overinvolved, has far too much power and very little clue how to run a county team.

You can thank Sean pushing the Boundaries  Jarvis for that one.Nico wanted Tim Boon  but Jarvis decided  to go with Henderson

17 hours ago, Father Ted said:

It’s Henderson that has an issue with Steel, not Nico. 

Steel has better bowling figures than Ramji and is a good bat. It’s a shame that certain figures can’t bite the bullet here for the good of the club and involve Steel for the one day cup. 

Is Steel out of contract this season? What I'd give to have had an ounce of a pro cricketer's ability, but to be frozen out for behind-the-scenes issues, it must be soul destroying. What a waste of a young man's career.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lionator said:

I've yet to hear Claude's name in a positive light since he came back. Seems to be overinvolved, has far too much power and very little clue how to run a county team.

Also seems unable to accept any criticism, as per that Q & A they did last year.

Bit of discussion on TMS now about Rehan and Rishi Patel's chances of playing in The Ashes in four years.

Cook saying Patel would need to move to a Div 1 team to do so. No matter that one of England's current openers was at a Div 2 side last summer. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Bit of discussion on TMS now about Rehan and Rishi Patel's chances of playing in The Ashes in four years.

Cook saying Patel would need to move to a Div 1 team to do so. No matter that one of England's current openers was at a Div 2 side last summer. :rolleyes:

Smith, Head, Khawaja, Carey, Labuschagne had/are having their most recent seasons or this summer playing Div 2 cricket. 

You can include Starc last county spell as well playing Div 2 cricket albeit a long time ago. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

Stuart Broad hadn't played first division cricket before his Test debut. He did ok.

They make it sound as though the second division is village cricket standard.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Makes sense when Rehan plays for the same side and got a game

• Like 1

Squad for tomorrow:

Ackermann, Budinger, Evans, Handscomb, Hill, Hull, Kimber, Mulder, Patel, Ramji, Scriven, Walker, Wright.

Budinger

Patel

Hill (C)

Ackermann

Mulder

Handscomb (K)

Kimber

Scriven

Walker

Wright

Hull/Ramji

Only really one choice to make I can see really depending on how much spin is needed.

Going to be quite a few players at the end of the season who won't have played much. Got to think Welch is off after a lacklustre Blast campaign. Steel, Barnes, Davis, Swindells all not seen much.

4 minutes ago, CrawlingFox said:

Squad for tomorrow:

Ackermann, Budinger, Evans, Handscomb, Hill, Hull, Kimber, Mulder, Patel, Ramji, Scriven, Walker, Wright.

Budinger

Patel

Hill (C)

Ackermann

Mulder

Handscomb (K)

Kimber

Scriven

Walker

Wright

Hull/Ramji

Only really one choice to make I can see really depending on how much spin is needed.

Going to be quite a few players at the end of the season who won't have played much. Got to think Welch is off after a lacklustre Blast campaign. Steel, Barnes, Davis, Swindells all not seen much.

Welch is playing in Zimbabwe isn’t he? He’s due back any time now I think and would be straight in for Budinger I imagine

13 hours ago, Father Ted said:

Welch is playing in Zimbabwe isn’t he? He’s due back any time now I think and would be straight in for Budinger I imagine

Ah I'd forgot he'd gone there to play in that t10 comp. Good shout.

Be interesting to see if he does come back in, Budinger has a good 50 over record and although I like Welsh I can't help but feel he's been disappointing for us in general.

Team named is unsurprisingly as I predicted with Hull preferred to Ramji. Hope he has a good tournament, real opportunity for him over the rest of the season to put a marker down given we'll probably be rebuilding the attack over the winter with Wright off and numerous others not looking effective enough.

Patel and McKerr whom we've been linked with both playing for Surrey.

Edited by CrawlingFox