Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

1 hour ago, CrawlingFox said:

Agreed. I'd hope we'll sign a decent standard replacement for Wright but either way Scriven should have a really important role next season. Potential as a batter too.

I've spoken to Tom a few times, he watches every single wicket every round of the CCs, lives and breathes cricket. His batting hasn't quite came off yet but he has the ability, I think.

• Like 3

There will be some smart money on Durham this year, they look very strong especially in the batting (just run up 427 today versus Sussex), even without the services of Stokes, Carse, Sowter, Wood and Potts for all or part of the campaign.

2 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

I think we will be conceding 300+ most games but I fancy our batting line up to carry us through to enough wins to qualify.

Notts have a few good batters and can still put out a good bowling attack so next Tuesday will be difficult.

As for tomorrow Kent are strong, high scoring game on the cards. 

Suspect the rain will have other ideas 

4 hours ago, Graceroad said:

Supporters told to bring there own chairs for the match at Kibworth.Makes the facilities  at Oakham look like Lords 

The pavilion's all very swish but apart from that it's not a brilliant place to host pro cricket. Poor public transport links too.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Graceroad said:

Don't think Yorkshire will stand in his way if we want Mike back been a disaster  at Yorkshire

Would anyone want him back? I like Mike and probably would given he was good for us in his last season here but I'm dubious he'd actually improve us (though you never know how rubbish we'll be next season so he might).

As a bowler there can't be many county bowlers who've played as much as he has but with records as bad. In every format he's incredibly expensive, economy of 4.3 in red ball, over 7.7 in 50 overs and 10.4 in T20. He does have the odd great spell in him where you think he looks a serious bowler but not often enough to be worth all the runs he concedes the rest of the time in my opinion and given he's shown little sign of being able to stem those runs and with an average in red ball of 38 he doesn't take loads of wickets to make up for it.

I do think he has a lot of potential as a batter though, I think he's shown an ability to both accelerate or dig in as required at times for us and has a good temperament so could in my opinion look to focus on this discipline and only bowl when conditions are more supportive.

A few Foxes List A records in our crosshairs if this continues (he says trying not to jinx it).

Highest List A score v Kent: 280/5 (2005) - H Ackerman 78 (80)

Highest List A score in 50 overs v 1st Class: 377/4 v Worcs (2019) - C Ackermann 152* (143), Hill 118 (62)

Highest List A score in 50 overs v Any: 382/6 v Minor Counties (1998) - Maddy 151

Highest List A score (any Overs - 60): 406/5 v Berkshire (2005) - Wells 201