Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

11 minutes ago, when_you're_smiling said:

Have Ahmed and Parkinson been playing games in The Hundred? Is one possible to come back.

Wonder what Ackerman’s thoughts on it is. 

Rehan has played all five games for the Southern Brave, Callum has featured in 4 of the 5 games played by the Northern Superchargers

• Thanks 1

For the umpteenth time our success in this One Day Cup is in part down to the fact that we have had hardly any Hundred players. Look at how inexperienced the Essex side was yesterday. There two highest scorers were both 18 year olds.

So we lose Ackermann. This is not some ECB conspiracy to do one over Leicestershire. He played in the comp last year, so it is hardly  a surprise. He has been a super player for us in this tournament, but now we must adapt again. Kimber will need to bowl some spin, and perhaps bat at 6 with Scriven at 7 with Ramji added to the bowling attack.

Enough with the victim mentality. If we take one point from a washout on Friday, and beat Yorkshire on Sunday, we might well finish top anyway

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, harpendenfox said:

For the umpteenth time our success in this One Day Cup is in part down to the fact that we have had hardly any Hundred players. Look at how inexperienced the Essex side was yesterday. There two highest scorers were both 18 year olds.

So we lose Ackermann. This is not some ECB conspiracy to do one over Leicestershire. He played in the comp last year, so it is hardly  a surprise. He has been a super player for us in this tournament, but now we must adapt again. Kimber will need to bowl some spin, and perhaps bat at 6 with Scriven at 7 with Ramji added to the bowling attack.

Enough with the victim mentality. If we take one point from a washout on Friday, and beat Yorkshire on Sunday, we might well finish top anyway

Sorry for being disappointed one of our best players can no longer play for us. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, harpendenfox said:

Think you're doing us a massive disservice there. Our team may not be one of the best on paper when all are at full strength, but we'd absolutely compete with most on our day.

Hopefully the Hundred franchises will be producing their own players soon and won't need to nick them from clubs this competition was designed to ruin.

• Like 1

Nice to see a well balanced reply.The amount of people on twitter talking about Hampshire being part of a conspiracy  to rob us of one of our best players is ridiculous. If Hampshire were that bothered about this competition  they would have signed a couple of OS players

18 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Think you're doing us a massive disservice there. Our team may not be one of the best on paper when all are at full strength, but we'd absolutely compete with most on our day.

Maybe but they  didn't  cover themselves in glory in the T20 when it was an even playing field

Just now, Graceroad said:

Maybe but they  didn't  cover themselves in glory in the T20 when it was an even playing field

T20 this year was a huge letdown, but we've shown ourselves to be both capable and competitive fighting on two other fronts. Not something we've been able to say much in recent years.

We can only beat what's put in front of us and, by and large, we're managing to do that fairly comfortably in the 50 over stuff. That suggests to me a team that would definitely compete against better oppositions too.

45 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Fair enough @Voll Blau. I absolutely do not want to appear like a downer when we're enjoying a great tournament. I loved seeing Sol get his hundred yesterday, as I think he has a ceiling as high as Rishi's. I think I've been so downhearted by performances and mismanagement at LCCC over the last decade that I am in danger of struggling to seeing positives. The Hundred (and I know loads of you loathe it, I have to say I see the upside as I just like cricket, and I'm not as tribal about cricket as I am football) has meant we've had more of a chance in this tournament. I guess what I'm saying is it's simply made other Counties weaker, which has levelled the playing field for us.

At the end of the day, up the Foxes

18 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

T20 this year was a huge letdown, but we've shown ourselves to be both capable and competitive fighting on two other fronts. Not something we've been able to say much in recent years.

We can only beat what's put in front of us and, by and large, we're managing to do that fairly comfortably in the 50 over stuff. That suggests to me a team that would definitely compete against better oppositions too.

Absolutely right, this has been the best season over a decade overall, not just competing in two trophies but also the emergence of so many young players. By all accounts the team spirit in the camp is much improved and the players are being allowed to flourish.

• Like 1

Scott Steel to reappear like Jesus Christ and step in for Ackermann? (We know this won’t happen but as a good bat/spin option would be the most sensible option)

Pushing Kimber to 6 and Scriven to 7 and bringing in Ramji significantly damages our batting attack for me. Personally I’d bring Swindells in at 7. Alternative Walker and Ramji depending on conditions. 

Budinger has bowled spin too before? Haven’t seen much of it but could this be an option?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, LBTufty said:

Ben Mike making his usual contribution for the Yorkies, carted for 84 off his 10 overs and then checking into The Primary Club (again) with the stick. 

Makes a change to see him actually play   must be the worst cricketer to play  for Yorkshire since Chris Pickles  in the late 80s