Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

8 minutes ago, when_you're_smiling said:

A few seem to think Mulder will have gone back to SA too.

Jet lag might prevent Hanscomb coming back for one day.

I’m 99% certain he’s available. He’s contracted to us for next year as well, so can’t see why he wouldn’t be. Fear next season will be his last with us before and ECB county snaffles him. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, when_you're_smiling said:

A few seem to think Mulder will have gone back to SA too.

Jet lag might prevent Hanscomb coming back for one day.

If the will is there....

Sports pros are obsessed with sleeping tablets nowadays. He'll sleep like a baby in business class on a couple of tabs, arrive Friday am and be ready for Saturday and fly back Sunday. He'll be fine!!

Fantastic result and shows how well the team is working - all credit to Thomas and Taylor for preparing them so well.

I was at Lords for the 2001 final, which we should have won really with the talent we had in that side, but it's as well known for the infamous Scott Boswell over. Didn't think then, that it would be so long before we reached another 50 over final. Shadid Afridi was playing for us that day and incredibly he's still playing!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MaidstoneFox said:

Fantastic result and shows how well the team is working - all credit to Thomas and Taylor for preparing them so well.

I was at Lords for the 2001 final, which we should have won really with the talent we had in that side, but it's as well known for the infamous Scott Boswell over. Didn't think then, that it would be so long before we reached another 50 over final. Shadid Afridi was playing for us that day and incredibly he's still playing!

Just like the Tranmere goalie tonight if you haven’t heard.

• Haha 3

53 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Yeah shame for Handscomb if he can't play first time in a while the club have actually lined up a good reserve overseas. Remember ****ing Rutherford

Think he averaged about 3 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bert said:

I’m 99% certain he’s available. He’s contracted to us for next year as well, so can’t see why he wouldn’t be. Fear next season will be his last with us before and ECB county snaffles him. 

Wiaan is definetly around for the final. He's had a brilliant impact with 374 runs and 12 wickets.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, HybridFox said:

How do tickets normally go on sale for this? Do we buy the final outright? Or will the club have some sort of allocation to distribute directly?

Id guess possibly the membership may get a discount code. Other than that its a free sale on now.

Edited by SemperEadem

I've got quite a few mates who don't ordinarily go to the cricket enquiring about tickets.

The final being on a Saturday at a local ground with no City game on is a bit of a gift. Hope we can take a lot of fair-weather fans and it can spark an interest for them in the sport.

Really weird quirk how we've got Southampton the night before. Can't see many following us back up the motorway, so should feel like a home game.

17 minutes ago, Harpenden Fox said:

How many do you think? Looking at the stream my guess would be around 1500. Seemed to be an almost total absence of kids, which is sad.

Oh no idea on numbers but it looked and felt very healthy. Bigger than some t20 gates.

Not ideal timing for kids being both the first day back at school and a day night game. That being said there certainly was kids there.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Harpenden Fox said:

How many do you think? Looking at the stream my guess would be around 1500. Seemed to be an almost total absence of kids, which is sad.

A decent 2000+ I'd say. I was pleasantly surprised when I arrived at how busy it was. Whatever the number, it 'felt' ok. A decent midweek one day crowd

That is a result city aren't playing. Wouldn't it be lovely to actually have a following like the old days of Lord's finals of 8k+? ....more realistic we may have 3k there, enough to make a noise.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

I've got quite a few mates who don't ordinarily go to the cricket enquiring about tickets.

The final being on a Saturday at a local ground with no City game on is a bit of a gift. Hope we can take a lot of fair-weather fans and it can spark an interest for them in the sport.

Really weird quirk how we've got Southampton the night before. Can't see many following us back up the motorway, so should feel like a home game.

Already on sale got mine last night, just go to Nottingham CC online, or I think there's a link via County's website.

I'm not a member or anything, just seem available to anyone.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Some times he’s slightly OTT on twitter but fair play to Jarvis. We’d never have made this 3 years ago - the culture around the club is positive, even through some turmoil 

I'd give most of the credit to Nico for developing a lot of these lads, but at the same time Taylor and Thomas have clearly helped to push them to that next level this season, which is what we've clearly lacked.