Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

15 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

County running busses to the final 15 quid a pop. 

Might go on train myself. Rare trip to that disgusting City for me. I avoid going to the place unless absolutely necessary. This match is a reasonable exception 

Train is cheaper and Trent Bridge is easily accessible from the train station.  

A train strike will probably do me a favour, I booked rail tickets back in July to go with mates from London to watch our footy team Carlisle United, suffer horribly at the ha...., sorry...., handsomely defeat Lincoln City. 

Gutted that I can't make the Trent Bridge game for now however if there's another rail strike called, l'll be able to get a full refund and drive to Trent Bridge. :clap:

6 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Anyone know if this will be streamed to a global audience?

I will be in the US when the games on, I can’t imagine any of their sports channels showing it. 

I may be wrong for the final, but all of the other games are streamed live on the ECB website/app so would think it'll be the same.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Craig said:

I may be wrong for the final, but all of the other games are streamed live on the ECB website/app so would think it'll be the same.

Thank you - now just to break it to the Mrs that I’ll be spending a full day of our break streaming a cricket game.

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

Ben Cox has signed. Loan with a permanent three-year deal, starting straight away.

Presume he'd be cup-tied for the final though?

Seems very unfair on young Harry who's  a solid player and batting wise on a par with Cox albeit  an inferior  keeper

1 hour ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Is he on a par, averages show he's below him in all 3 formats, with Cox sustaining a higher average having played a lot more games.

I think Cox is a pretty clear upgrade in terms of both batting and keeping.

Swindells has at times looked like he could be an ok keeper and an ok bat but hasn't pushed on since that season he scored a couple tons and he'll be 25 by the time next season starts. I do wonder whether a top level keeper like Cox coming in could mean he can focus purely on his batting and perhaps follow in the footsteps of Hill who (One Day Cup aside) is an accomplished and reliable batter for us these days. He's a local lad and clearly talented so I hope he gets the chance.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Is he on a par, averages show he's below him in all 3 formats, with Cox sustaining a higher average having played a lot more games.

Swindells averages 26 in fc matches cox 27 so yep pretty similar .Only 2 years ago that Harry aveaged well over 40 in the championship

• Like 1