Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

Annoying that we could miss out to Worcs, given we threw away the first game against them from an extremely strong position (aided by their ex player screwing us over on a number of close LBWs in their 2nd innings), and then lost to them on a ridiculous pitch at Oakham, when they appealed successfully for a catch when the ball was dropped. 

Edited by Sunbury Fox
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, HaroldBazBo said:

I see Yorkshire are in talks to sell Headingley to Mike Ashley. What could possibly go wrong..

Odd strategy he's on at the minute, he owns the Coventry stadium too doesn't he. Some good land around that, is it the same for headingley? 

3 minutes ago, AjcW said:

is it the same for headingley? 

No it’s residential pretty much on all 4 sides. I’d assume “Headingley” means the cricket and rugby ground as a package but I’m not entirely sure. The rugby ground can host the boxing, concerts as well as other bits too. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Didn’t Gloucestershire offer him double what we did? 

Yeah I think they offered a fair whack more, after we had offered him double. Although from that Q & A they did last year, I think I can remember them stating another reason as well. Just to add I meant the decision making in general, we didn't get Harris back so we then signed a bowler in Hendricks and didn't replace his runs (followed then by the complete mismanagement of Hendricks anyway)

Edited by Tommy Fresh

2 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Next season potentially 

Budinger

Patel

Hill

Handscombe

Mulder

Ahmed/Kimber

Trevaskis

Cox

Scriven

Hull

Salisbury

We need to sign another bowler and another good batsman to add competition to the squad as we only have Evans, Walker, and a couple of others who may or may not be here 

That team looks a very good mix of youth and experience plus it would give us a really varied bowling attack. The one issue is that Salisbury is no Wright. Would be good if we could pick up a quality experienced seamer from somewhere, even on loan.

Overall, though,  it has to be said that the club has done really well clearing dead wood over the past couple of years. We are a bit lacking in squad depth but I'd rather that if it means a higher quality first XI. Previously we spent too much of our budget on squad players who offered little when called upon. 

• Like 2