Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

3 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Next season potentially 

Budinger

Patel

Hill

Handscombe

Mulder

Ahmed/Kimber

Trevaskis

Cox

Scriven

Hull

Salisbury

We need to sign another bowler and another good batsman to add competition to the squad as we only have Evans, Walker, and a couple of others who may or may not be here 

I think it might be Ahmed and then Trevaskis when Ahmed is not available. No way into that team for Swindells, with both Cox and Handscombe signed up.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Anyone got  ideas on how many we have shifted for this?  Hopefully we will have 3k +

If you've got time, you can count it out on the Trent Bridge stadium map. No idea how many seats taken are from us, but fairly certain it'll feel like a home game.

55 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

If you've got time, you can count it out on the Trent Bridge stadium map. No idea how many seats taken are from us, but fairly certain it'll feel like a home game.

Reckon back of fag packet about 25% seats sold all over, so 4-5k all told. And yeah, maybe a good 2.5k of ours so far in hound road and fox road. 

Hopefully there'll be a decent pipe sold next week once the weather is clear. I'm getting mine tonight,.fox road 

• Like 1

It was about 80% full last year. Kent V Lancs but both have a big following. Son is a kent fan. Lives in Canterbury. 

I didn't realise how big a following Kent had, very noisy.

I don't think it will be be more than 70% full for us and Hants. Might be wrong

Edited by Cakey

18 minutes ago, Cakey said:

It was about 80% full last year. Kent V Lancs but both have a big following. Son is a kent fan. Lives in Canterbury. 

I didn't realise how big a following Kent had, very noisy.

I don't think it will be be more than 70% full for us and Hants. Might be wrong

Be kinda nice for us to be in the ascendancy just for once, even at the expense of a big crowd. It'll be half full all told, and a good 60% of that half will be for us. Enough to make a racket

Edit 9k there last year, in what was considered (by the report I read)  a good crowd. We are on the way towards that figure 

Edited by Paninistickers
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

Any advice for best places to park near trent bridge? (For the final)

Used to park near Notts county ground for free but heard that's not an option now.

Just want to avoid paying over a tenner for parking.

Always street parked near the tennis courts in the past. Dunno if it's restricted nowadays tho..

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

Sorry, third post on the spin from me..

But ya know, City and Tigers could do a bit more to help on their emails and socials. Neither are playing. .The three clubs really should be brothers - but they don't embrace it.  I'm guilty of having a class (and glory hunter) driven edge towards the tigers ....but all three clubs should be much tighter imo. 

Jarvis tagged LCFC in one of his tweets the other day and I thought to myself you must be pissing in the wind if you think the people at Filbert Way who will read that know, or care, who you or the club you represent are.

It's a real shame because none of our clubs - even Tigers with their glory hunter fanbase beyond our borders - would be anything without the support of Leicestershire folk. They should all back each other more.

Edited by Voll Blau
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

But ya know, City and Tigers could do a bit more to help on their emails and socials. Neither are playing. .The three clubs really should be brothers - but they don't embrace it.  I'm guilty of having a class (and glory hunter) driven edge towards the tigers ....but all three clubs should be much tighter imo. 

Absolutely agree with this 

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

Jarvis tagged LCFC in one of his tweets the other day and I thought to myself you must be pissing in the wind if you think the people at Filbert Way who will read that know, or care, who you or the club you represent are.

It's a real shame because none of our clubs - even Tigers with their glory hunter fanbase beyond our borders - would be anything without the support of Leicestershire folk. They should all back each other more.

Perhaps the football club are as unresponsive to other local sports teams as they are us. Thailand is actually embracing women’s cricket to some degree. Would cost City precisely nothing. Must be one or two of the team with at least a passing interest in cricket you’d think.

8 hours ago, Harpenden Fox said:

Perhaps the football club are as unresponsive to other local sports teams as they are us. Thailand is actually embracing women’s cricket to some degree. Would cost City precisely nothing. Must be one or two of the team with at least a passing interest in cricket you’d think.

Think Chilwell was the most recent decent cricketer we had in our ranks. Albrighton was one of the players involved in that knockabout game there was footage of.

Suspect LCFC will just see that there's no market in promoting it and so won't bother, even as a goodwill gesture, given 99% of LCCC fans who like football are also LCFC fans anyway. It's annoying as one little gesture to raise awareness could easily boost the attendance at Trent Bridge.

Edited by Voll Blau
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Suspect LCFC will just see that there's no market in promoting it

Exactly that. I can hear the club corporate brain creaking from here in what they perceive a professional and diligent way.... What's in it for me?.... Giving away rather than monetising its data... conflicts with existing commercial partners if being seen to align with metro Bank etc etc

Trouble is with City, as always, they are donkey's years behind trending business techniques. Engaging in social media shouldn't all be 'about you'. It reflects better on a business if the business can reach out of its own shell. 

But no. City are locked into its own machine and if there's a non LCFC message, it better tick an inclusivity* box

*Not a pop at inclusivity btw. But it's the creaking clanking business half brain of the club desparately trying to be on message, Alan partridge like. 

• Like 2

Said it before and having a fiancée in the industry - as a business which is reliant on its customer base being local and heritage link, you have to display locality and community to make your club feel ‘part of something’.

we saw how the pre season tour alienated the fanbase but something which displays locality etc goes down well 

• Like 1

Well, If the other Leicester clubs aren't going to do anything, then we (fans) just need to do the best we can.

I've mentioned the cricket to most of my football m8's who are even vaguely interested in cricket.   

We're doing the best we can on here to try and spread interest.

(over the weekend I'm planning to stick up a new thread on the "Leicester City Forum" section, reminding people that there's no football on Saturday 16th September ... and to get themselves to Trent Bridge.   ok, might not make any difference, but every bit helps).

If any of you guys have got logins to other LCFC message boards, then please do the same!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

Think Chilwell was the most recent decent cricketer we had in our ranks. Albrighton was one of the players involved in that knockabout game there was footage of.

Suspect LCFC will just see that there's no market in promoting it and so won't bother, even as a goodwill gesture, given 99% of LCCC fans who like football are also LCFC fans anyway. It's annoying as one little gesture to raise awareness could easily boost the attendance at Trent Bridge.

Seen a few ex city players at GR this season Matt Elliott Gerry Taggart  Alan Tewley Mick Duffy  was a regular  down there before he sadly suffered a stroke

12 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

It's a good point.  Have you tried to contact the club to suggest this to them?