Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

On 08/09/2023 at 10:45, Cakey said:

As I say if they are doing it at Villa for Warwickshire or Birmingham what's the difference? 

Don't supposw Villas owners are exactly working class heroes.

Edgbaston are more likely to outright pay for the advertising in my experience of leaving in Brum. You’d probably find ads for Christmas parties at Esgbaston around Villa Park now 

I've only see Curry once bowled well. Quite quick, decent early record. If we are taking him on long term I'm happy. 

Still Need Josh Davey or similar to replace Wright. 

Edited by Cakey

A big part of our strategy looks to be signing promising young players who aren't perhaps getting games across all formats where they are or who havent quite cracked county cricket. Each is a gamble you could say but that reflects the market we're in really compared to the big boys. So far:

Patel - big success.

Steel - hasn't worked out

Kimber - generally good

Budinger - has had moments

Scriven - Becoming very good

Walker - Not broken into side

Barnes - had moments but not worked out

I think Budinger will come good so puts us above 50% success on the above.

Currie would probably fit that mould for next season as we'd probably be offering him more gametime than Hants I suppose especially in red ball.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beagle said:

Hampshire have made it clear that Currie is strictly on loan for three Championship games only. 

See who they select tomorrow. It may be he is in while another bowler is rested with next Saturday in mind. Personally, if I had to choose, I'd rather win the Cup, than get promotion. 

Below is the squad announced for the match with leavers in red and short term in orange:

Ackermann, Ahmed, Amin, Budinger, Cox+, Currie, Evans, Hill*, Hull, Kimber, Mulder, Parkinson, Patel, Salisbury, Scriven, Wright.

Players not named:

Barnes, Davis, Finan, Ramji, Steel, Swindells, Walker, Welch.

I think Finan may be the only one left out who is definitely contracted for next season. Could be injured?

Shouldn't read too much into one match day squad announcement though its unusual to see one so large given they normally go with 13 or 14 but bad news for Swindells and good for Evans?