Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

11 minutes ago, Harpenden Fox said:

I’m very pro Budinger, but that’s a rank shot today. Needs to add more thought to his game this winter. I am convinced he has the potential.

Like him too and doesn't have a problem scoring red-ball runs for the 2nds however just 32 in his last 6 innings (14, 9, 3, 3, 3, 0) gives a selection headache.

9 minutes ago, LBTufty said:

Like him too and doesn't have a problem scoring red-ball runs for the 2nds however just 32 in his last 6 innings (14, 9, 3, 3, 3, 0) gives a selection headache.

Need to improve our depth next season. Really need someone breathing down his neck in this situation and not sure that's Evans although Kimber has opener for us in the past.

1 hour ago, LBTufty said:

To his advantage that he has scored white ball runs and he plays all forms. If Azad or Evans had that run, well we know what happened. Hopefully gets some runs second innings to give some confidence for Saturday. Need a couple of good partnerships tomorrow to make sure we get those batting points

• Like 2

9 hours ago, CrawlingFox said:

Below is the squad announced for the match with leavers in red and short term in orange:

Ackermann, Ahmed, Amin, Budinger, Cox+, Currie, Evans, Hill*, Hull, Kimber, Mulder, Parkinson, Patel, Salisbury, Scriven, Wright.

Players not named:

Barnes, Davis, Finan, Ramji, Steel, Swindells, Walker, Welch.

I think Finan may be the only one left out who is definitely contracted for next season. Could be injured?

Shouldn't read too much into one match day squad announcement though its unusual to see one so large given they normally go with 13 or 14 but bad news for Swindells and good for Evans?

Finan has a long term back injury. No great loss.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HybridFox said:

Out of interest, does anything actually happen before the One Day Cup Final? As in national anthem, songs etc?

I know it's usually the T20 and now the Hundred I suppose which has all the glitz and glamour. But was just wondering. Never paid attention as I never thought we'd be here lol

The ECB give so little of a shit about it (format we're world champions in - good work, marketing bods!) that I doubt there'll be any fanfare. It's not even on TV FFS, despite some hundred group games being deemed important enough to be broadcast live across five channels simultaneously.

It'll be up to us as fans to make it the occasion it should be. People rave on about Lord's finals but it's an absolute blessing that this is just up the road from us.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, HybridFox said:

Out of interest, does anything actually happen before the One Day Cup Final? As in national anthem, songs etc?

I know it's usually the T20 and now the Hundred I suppose which has all the glitz and glamour. But was just wondering. Never paid attention as I never thought we'd be here lol

Yep, crowd have to put out the boundary rope and markers, roll the wicket and make the teas. Someone will need to be scorer, and we will need to provide an umpire to do square leg at both ends because there's only one league umps.

33 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

It's not even on TV FFS, despite some hundred group games being deemed important enough to be broadcast live across five channels simultaneously.

Not sure if you meant 'not on normal tv' but it's 100% on Sky on Saturday.

I went last year, not much fanfare but TB do the usual fire show shit they do for T20/Hundred.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Not sure if you meant 'not on normal tv' but it's 100% on Sky on Saturday.

I went last year, not much fanfare but TB do the usual fire show shit they do for T20/Hundred.

Just now, Graceroad said:

Yep it's on sky wasn't on the schedule last week but just looked and it's been added

Ah, that's great in that case. Was under the impression it was YouTube-only.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Graceroad said:

Not sure if Sky will allow it to be shown on youtube

They sometimes have done via their own channel on there. I'm sure they have with hundred games.

Would say it's a prime game for them to give away for free as I doubt any of their subscribers would be too much up in arms about this one.