Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

In the most recent podcast of 'The Analyst, Inside Cricket', Simon Hughes and Simon Mann talk about the bids for Headingley, including one from Manoj Badale, owner of the Rajasthan Royals. Hughes mentions that Badale once had an interest in Leicestershire and wanted to stage a Champions Cup game there, but the ECB wasn't keen, so he pulled out. Oh what could of been!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MaidstoneFox said:

In the most recent podcast of 'The Analyst, Inside Cricket', Simon Hughes and Simon Mann talk about the bids for Headingley, including one from Manoj Badale, owner of the Rajasthan Royals. Hughes mentions that Badale once had an interest in Leicestershire and wanted to stage a Champions Cup game there, but the ECB wasn't keen, so he pulled out. Oh what could of been!

There was a champions  cup t20 game of sorts at Grace Road in September 2005 featuring  the foxes Somerset a PCA 11 and the t20 champions from the previous  season from Pakistan and South Africa. It was organised by an Indian company called I think investors  in sport. Sadly it was very poorly attended  and that was that

1 hour ago, Graceroad said:

There was a champions  cup t20 game of sorts at Grace Road in September 2005 featuring  the foxes Somerset a PCA 11 and the t20 champions from the previous  season from Pakistan and South Africa. It was organised by an Indian company called I think investors  in sport. Sadly it was very poorly attended  and that was that

Remember going to that. Thought the attendance was a bit better, though remember it being a cold day. Most of the Sri Lankan team were fielding in fleeces during the final.

14 minutes ago, HybridFox said:

Going to the Radio 2 gig at Vicky Park on Sunday. Really hope this doesn't go to a reserve day!

From the rules...

"Any revision of the number of overs that may be necessary due to a delayed start or one or more interruptions in play as a result of adverse ground, weather or light conditions or any other reason, shall take no account of the potential existence of a reserve day.

"To constitute a match, a minimum of 10 overs (20 overs in the play offs, semi-finals and Final) has to be bowled to the side batting second, unless a result has been achieved earlier.

"Where a reserve day exists, if it is not possible to constitute the match on the first scheduled day then it shall be continued on the reserve day.

"For the avoidance of doubt any previously effected reduction in the length of the innings in progress (and any applicable Duckworth Lewis Stern target) will still apply at the start of the reserve day."

https://resources.ecb.co.uk/ecb/document/2023/03/31/5b6de1b0-abea-4015-9620-7705542de999/3-Playing-Conditions-One-Day-Cup-2023.pdf

With a 6.30 cut-off, I think you'd be extremely unlucky not to get a minimum 20 overs-a-side in. If it's on Sky, they'll want it done in a day too. TV pressure can account for an awful lot in these situations.

• Like 1

Umar gets stick on here. However from what I've seen he is an excellent player. Technically good and can bat up and down the card. Had two terrible decisions 

I thiink its harsh to compare him to some of our previous flops.

Edited by Cakey

I'll admit to only really half following the cricket for the last 9-10 years having previously been a member. When did we suddenly become so much better in all forms of the game? Has it been a steady incline over the last few seasons or has it all come out of the blue this year?