Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

10 minutes ago, Cakey said:

Can't think who else we could lose tbh. That's considered a good player? Lost two. Plus Parky who is average. Everyone else who is any good has signed contracts. 

Well we can rule out Patel Handscomb Mulder Ahmed Scriven so the only one it can possible be is Kimber if he's out of contract. Not sure I agree with you about Parky btw being average he's a steady championship bowler but an outstanding one day bowler and a useful lower order bat

47 minutes ago, Cakey said:

Can't think who else we could lose tbh. That's considered a good player? Lost two. Plus Parky who is average. Everyone else who is any good has signed contracts. 

According to no contest Leics ccc on twitter the 4th departures  being announced in November. He's  been spot on in the past so let's wait and see

• Like 1

13 hours ago, when_you're_smiling said:

He’s been saying Ahmed was going even when he signed the new contract. 

Yep he's convinced he's going. Regarding the new contract  he had 3 years remaining  anyway so all he did was sign a new one on improved terms which means if another County  want to buy  out the contract it will cost them more then it would have done otherwise.Cant see it myself  but let's wait until November when he reckons  its being announced

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Done a quick (not really counting properly) tot up of the greyed out seats around the ground and reckon it's about the 6-7,000 mark.

Do you fancy doing some of the mountain of work i've got on today? lol 

8 hours ago, Graceroad said:

Yep he's convinced he's going. Regarding the new contract  he had 3 years remaining  anyway so all he did was sign a new one on improved terms which means if another County  want to buy  out the contract it will cost them more then it would have done otherwise.Cant see it myself  but let's wait until November when he reckons  its being announced

I’ve just seen the Twitter conversation they’ve had and tbh it would make little sense. Firstly if he was on such a long contract, adding another year makes little difference compared to if it was 1 or 2 years. Secondly Ahmed seems like a good lad, it would be a horrible thing for him to sign a contract extension, plaster it all over his social media then leave anyway. 

I think he’s probably heard a rumour a couple of months back and because he clearly hates Jarvis, is using it against him. 

6 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Anything beyond counting seats is beyond my abilities I'm afraid.

Counting down the days to your retirement gig of walking around Grace Road with a clicker to count the 14 pensioners and 2 dogs that have turned up to Day 1 of a County Champ match in April.

• Haha 1

Advantage for us if Ahmed gets an ECB contract, unlikely to move then. With 100 IPL England etc etc will only play occasionally. So that's of little advantage to other counties. He will make his money playing for England and franchise cricket. Not county cricket. Which ever county it may be. 

11 hours ago, Cakey said:

Advantage for us if Ahmed gets an ECB contract, unlikely to move then. With 100 IPL England etc etc will only play occasionally. So that's of little advantage to other counties. He will make his money playing for England and franchise cricket. Not county cricket. Which ever county it may be. 

Already got a big bash contract too.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Cakey said:

I think.they sold more than actually turned up. That's what I was told anyway. Certainly at least half full and a bit more at times. I left half way through tbh. Weather didn't help. But a decent crowd. More than there was at the semi final.

Did you get to meet our number 1 Aussie  fan fangofox?