Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

On 23/04/2007 at 22:53, Chairman of the Bored said:

It's 5 Day Tests for me. Nice and slow. Lunch 42-1 off 37 overs. Special.

Have had a ST at County for 40 years now, same time as I've been supporting LCFC. The two go hand in hand. Don't think we are going to have a great season though. Nixon and Broad come home soon!

I hope @Chairman of the Bored is having a great day if they're still around.

:claudio:

Pretty incredible this thread is 16 years old and hasn't been locked yet - who fancies an argument?  :ph34r:

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

I hope @Chairman of the Bored is having a great day if they're still around.

:claudio:

Pretty incredible this thread is 16 years old and hasn't been locked yet - who fancies an argument?  :ph34r:

I've had fifteen pints and I'm up for a fight. 

I've always thought you were a massive...

...ly nice guy. 

10 minutes ago, katieakita said:

Just watched the official 10 minute highlights on youtube posted by the ECB, showed every wicket until Hulls stunning catch and Dawson being out thought and giving it away. Really embarressing from the ECB they must really hate us. 

I’d like to think it’s incompetency more than anything more sinister. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Marvellous. 

And how nice for us to be the big club for just about the first time ever. Support was amazing against an absolutely woeful Hampshire following - they brought 500 max. 

The real shame is that most of the Leicester fans there have apart from maybe the odd t20 match have never attended Grace Road in there lives

11 hours ago, Lionator said:

Him and Butcher are amazing at fighting the corner of the counties as well as what they’ve done for the women’s game in the media. I hope as a county fan Daggers is feeling happy tonight. 

Agree with you about Daggers less so about Butcher who's a huge supporter of the hundred can't say I notice much difference between  him and the likes of Atherton and Hussain  tbh

38 minutes ago, Graceroad said:

The real shame is that most of the Leicester fans there have apart from maybe the odd t20 match have never attended Grace Road in there lives

I think that'll help convert a few for future big matches. There were lads there who were 20 - 30 in age who'll have this atmosphere as a benchmark for decades to come. 

County are never going to be well supported though. A hidden ground in a working class but quiet residential area. The ECB actively work against promoting the tournaments we are involved....the semi final was on the Tuesday after an empty bank holiday Monday ffs. 

Games are all over the shop. There's no pattern for supporters to work to. When I was a kid the Sunday John Player was the regular routine. NatWest or BH on Wednesdays. County games started Thursday. 

Finally, Kibworth was an indication of what's popular for county cricket. Picnics, BBQs, food vans, beer marquees, deck chairs, kids playing in nets and outfield. If Grace Road to open up part of the outfield Bennet end and make the thing a bit more Aussie and casual...that's better then the current plastic seats 

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Graceroad said:

Harry's  dad Guy used to be my mums boss at Sainsburys in Wigston .He's a huge  City fan but always hated Cricket suspect that's changed

I used to work with Harrys Mum, Jayne, at the hospitals in Leicester. Lovely lady, must be so proud! 

20 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I think that'll help convert a few for future big matches. There were lads there who were 20 - 30 in age who'll have this atmosphere as a benchmark for decades to come. 

County are never going to be well supported though. A hidden ground in a working class but quiet residential area. The ECB actively work against promoting the tournaments we are involved....the semi final was on the Tuesday after an empty bank holiday Monday ffs. 

Games are all over the shop. There's no pattern for supporters to work to. When I was a kid the Sunday John Player was the regular routine. NatWest or BH on Wednesdays. County games started Thursday. 

Finally, Kibworth was an indication of what's popular for county cricket. Picnics, BBQs, food vans, beer marquees, deck chairs, kids playing in nets and outfield. If Grace Road to open up part of the outfield Bennet end and make the thing a bit more Aussie and casual...that's better then the current plastic seats 

Don't think many will be back its like Coalville Town average gates 200 play Charlton in the FA Cup suddenly find 4k new supporters  makes me sick tbh

11 hours ago, Plastik Man said:

I remember watching the B&H final in 1985 on the TV. Was it Mike Garnham with a vital batting contribution towards the end?

It was, he scored 34 not out.

I remember it too. We had a good side back then with Gower, Willey, Whitaker, Clift, Agnew etc. and beat an Essex team who had the likes of Gooch, Lever, Pringle and Foster.

38 years ago, bloody hell. What a long time to wait!! 

• Like 1