Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

Swindells proving that he is more than useful as a back up batsman, if not a starter, across all formats. Unlikely to be demanding a huge wage either and a local lad, surely a contract offer on the table and Taylor can get the best out of him… 

Nico said he was a player that was highly confidence dependent, so perhaps he really does have the mentality but cannot overcome a mental block. Let’s hope that final is the catalyst. I remember he had an excellent knock in the T20 quarter vs Notts when that last ball Dieter Klein misfield cost us…

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Stadt said:

This probably comes across as facetious but I feel sorry for fans (if any sport) whose teams will never win anything. City, County and Selby winning things is great.

We’re very lucky in Leicestershire, I’m guilty of grumbling and moaning when things aren’t going right but what a sporting city we have and sometimes it’s worth taking a step back and actually remind yourself how much we do have in Leicester.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Graceroad said:

Does make you wonder.Would love to know if the Aus and Pakistan players who were due  to play today are actually  in the Country

Who was it aimed it? Was it meant to be promoting road safety in South East Asia?

I’m amazed nine people bought tickets when they didn’t even know who was playing in it.

15 minutes ago, Cakey said:

He did turn down a contract I believe but nobody else in for him as yet. Think it's about keeping. He may change his mind, may look at other options out of cricket I suppose. 

Hard to see when he gets a keeping gig for us in any format, unless Handscomb agrees he's not going to if Cox is injured. Hope they can work something out.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

Promotion this year might have been a bit too soon anyway. Another summer of experience for the younger players and some consistently strong recruitment will probably see us better placed to survive in div 1 if we go up next year. 

Especially losing Ackerman and Wright. Take those two out of the side and we are considerable weaker. 

• Like 1