Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

Really hope Kimber is staying, he'd be a big loss especially from the t20 side.

Finan does seem a shame in that when he first arrived he certainly looked to have pace and like he could have been a bit of a rough diamond but seems it wasn't to be, injuries this season not helping. Steel also feels like someone we could have got more from but who knows what went on there.

Welch also looked useful at timew but ultimately not quite good enough at this level, have heard he's off back to Zimbabwe and will likely be in the mix for their national side quite quickly given the age profiles of Ervine, Williams and Raza who are the spine of their batting so fair play to him.

Davis and Barnes both had good performances on occasion but not often enough and both going more or less completes the deadwood being cleared from the bowling stable following Evans, Griffiths and Sakande leaving at the end of last season. Hopefully Walker can do better than all these named next season.

Squad then:

Batters - Patel, Budinger, Hill, Handscomb + Evans and Kimber hopefully.

Keepers - Cox and hopefully Swindells.

All Rounders - Ahmed, Mulder, Trevaskis

Bowlers - Scriven, Hull, Walker, Salisbury + Wright hopefully.

If Kimber isn't off and the other 3 all sign then we've 16 players on the books so you feel we'll need a few more.

Haven't heard anything about Naveen returning but I'd imagine we'll bring in another overseas player for the Blast given Handscomb's record isn't outstanding in the format. Definitely need at least one more decent bat and a decent bowler I feel to give minimum depth.

Hopefully on top of that someone from the academy might be ready to step up to a pro deal. Sam Wood (bowling all rounder) bowled well for the seconds and Jake Tarling (batter) played for the England under 19 Lions this season so could be options though nobody really stands out at second XI level enough to make you feel they're kicking the door down. Imagine there is certainly other Patels or Scrivens out there at other counties though.

Edited by CrawlingFox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

Shame about Finan started well but always injured. A fast Left arm option is always great to have in a squad especially ours which lacks an out n out pace option.

Hopefully Kimber is re-signed too.

I’m sure his debut was in the one day cup where he was slapped all over the park. I can’t remember one good performance from Finan, only bowling 4 wides in a row at Headingley in the Blast that didn’t even bounce on the wicket. Awful player.

Hull is a far superior left arm quick option. 

Personally think it's a shame that Ed Barnes wasn't given another year. He still had room for improvement and is useful backup. He's also a real cricket badger so good to have around. I hope he gets another county.

With so many being let go, I assume we have some signings in the pipeline.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CrawlingFox said:

Really hope Kimber is staying, he'd be a big loss especially from the t20 side.

Finan does seem a shame in that when he first arrived he certainly looked to have pace and like he could have been a bit of a rough diamond but seems it wasn't to be, injuries this season not helping. Steel also feels like someone we could have got more from but who knows what went on there.

Welch also looked useful at timew but ultimately not quite good enough at this level, have heard he's off back to Zimbabwe and will likely be in the mix for their national side quite quickly given the age profiles of Ervine, Williams and Raza who are the spine of their batting so fair play to him.

Davis and Barnes both had good performances on occasion but not often enough and both going more or less completes the deadwood being cleared from the bowling stable following Evans, Griffiths and Sakande leaving at the end of last season. Hopefully Walker can do better than all these named next season.

Squad then:

Batters - Patel, Budinger, Hill, Handscomb + Evans and Kimber hopefully.

Keepers - Cox and hopefully Swindells.

All Rounders - Ahmed, Mulder, Trevaskis

Bowlers - Scriven, Hull, Walker, Salisbury + Wright hopefully.

If Kimber isn't off and the other 3 all sign then we've 16 players on the books so you feel we'll need a few more.

Haven't heard anything about Naveen returning but I'd imagine we'll bring in another overseas player for the Blast given Handscomb's record isn't outstanding in the format. Definitely need at least one more decent bat and a decent bowler I feel to give minimum depth.

Hopefully on top of that someone from the academy might be ready to step up to a pro deal. Sam Wood (bowling all rounder) bowled well for the seconds and Jake Tarling (batter) played for the England under 19 Lions this season so could be options though nobody really stands out at second XI level enough to make you feel they're kicking the door down. Imagine there is certainly other Patels or Scrivens out there at other counties though.

Would be class for Welch, Zimbabwe seem to be very much on the up now and could be a great era to be involved with.

11 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Scott Currie is returning next year then it seems. Taylor let it slip in an interview on the radio Leicester podcast.

Averages are decent enough, big improvement over on Barnes and Davis. Seems a capable bat too.

17 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Scott Currie is returning next year then it seems. Taylor let it slip in an interview on the radio Leicester podcast.

The puzzling loan now makes more sense. We seem to be getting Hampshire's ex-England under-19 players as Scriven followed the same route.

16 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Wouldn't mind Richard Gleeson if he could stay fit. Assume he'll be grabbing whatever T20 gigs he can round the world mixed with club pro-ing in Lancashire now they've let him go though.

I wonder if he would fancy a T20 only contract? We seem short in that department, particularly if Naveen doesn’t return. Worth the punt and has ties locally as he was at Northants previously?

8 hours ago, Father Ted said:

I wonder if he would fancy a T20 only contract? We seem short in that department, particularly if Naveen doesn’t return. Worth the punt and has ties locally as he was at Northants previously?

Not sure where the Northants link came from. He's a Blackpool lad and was their club pro/captain there before heading south.

His record suggests he'd do a job in all formats (if fit) but I guess a T20-only gig would still be a decent signing if he doesn't want to be tied down. Just speculating there, but I'm sure there'll be room for an ex-England international in some parts of the never-ending global T20/T10 Circus.