Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

That statue in town to mark Leicester as a city of sport, the one with the footballer, the cricketer and the rugby player.

Well someone ought to hacksaw off the cricketer and sell it off for scrap!

The 1996 &1998 county championship winning teams were magnificent and their achievements shouldn't be lost on this lots efforts :cry:

In 2000 Leicestershire had the chance to sign me to their youth set-up but declined to give me a second trial, and now they're playing like this.

Needless to say, I had the last laugh.

Edited by Fosse Boy
  • Like 1

Such a strange team.

Mediocre in CB40, excellent in T20 but absolutely embarrassingly woeful at the County game. Unfortunately, until there is some investment made little will change. I sincerely hope some of the gate receipts from the India game in August as well as the T20 Cup run, which are likely to draw good crowds, are reinvested into the team for 2012 because like accessory says; we could have a real problem holding onto First Class status the way we're going.

Edited by Bilo

Paul Nixon to retire after T20 game against Kent on Saturday...

Best of luck to him...

I think his actual farewell game is the T20 v India on 29 August.

He's had a fantastic career, and I hope he can continue as a coach at the club. His enthusiasm and passion puts many of the current generation to shame.