Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

6 hours ago, Walshy5 said:

Cox has to be the worse wicket keeper I've ever seen! Strange signing considering all the other options we have. Handscombe should keep next game. Wouldn't even be against dropping Cox altogether and bringing In Swindells or Hill.

That's seems very harsh. I agree I think the money would have been better spent elsewhere with the keepers we have at the club but he's a decent keeper who just had a shocker with the Patel drop. On a side note  bit confused with the scorecard with the scores level Hull bowled a no ball which Guest hit for 4 yet only the 2 runs for the no ball were awarded . Dont understand that one first time I've seen a batter hit a 4 and not get awarded  any runs

3 hours ago, Graceroad said:

That's seems very harsh. I agree I think the money would have been better spent elsewhere with the keepers we have at the club but he's a decent keeper who just had a shocker with the Patel drop. On a side note  bit confused with the scorecard with the scores level Hull bowled a no ball which Guest hit for 4 yet only the 2 runs for the no ball were awarded . Dont understand that one first time I've seen a batter hit a 4 and not get awarded  any runs

I guess because at the point at which the no ball was bowled the game was technically over?

11 hours ago, Walshy5 said:

Cox has to be the worse wicket keeper I've ever seen! Strange signing considering all the other options we have. Handscombe should keep next game. Wouldn't even be against dropping Cox altogether and bringing In Swindells or Hill.

Prior to us signing Cox I've consistently see him described as a sort of old school wicketkeeper who is gloves first and bat second and one of the best glovemen in county cricket. So no doubt he'll come good but have to wonder if we'd have still signed him if it hadn't of been sorted prior to Swindells resurgence.

• Like 1

Cox is a good keeper best we have. Out of form with the bat and tbh is really a 25 30 average player at best. So really has to be on the money with his keeping. Cost us. Simple as that. But guess he knows that. 

I think it's a tight call with Swindells who I think scores alot quicker. 

5 hours ago, Graceroad said:

Good point yeah. Not sure on that

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

I guess because at the point at which the no ball was bowled the game was technically over?

I guess so but seems strange that the boundary don't  count   Guest  would have been fuming if it cost him a 50 or 100

2 minutes ago, Graceroad said:

I guess so but seems strange that the boundary don't  count   Guest  would have been fuming if it cost him a 50 or 100

Oh yeah, quite agree! Just a quirk of cricket that the offence at point of delivery makes anything that happens after null and void.

Played in a game once where my mate needed four for his ton, which would also have won the game. The bowler, an absolute cvnt by all accounts, bowled a beamer miles over his head and it reached the boundary for five no balls. Game over.

5 hours ago, Walshy5 said:

Madsen not playing for Derbyshire today for some reason.

He injured his shoulder diving in the field and couldn't move it this morning; going for a scan tomorrow. No doubt he'll be fully fit and chomping at the bit by the time the return game rolls around in early July!

6 hours ago, Cakey said:

Cox is a good keeper best we have. Out of form with the bat and tbh is really a 25 30 average player at best. So really has to be on the money with his keeping. Cost us. Simple as that. But guess he knows that. 

I think it's a tight call with Swindells who I think scores alot quicker. 

We have 2nd XI T20 games home to Durham on Monday and Tuesday; possible chance for Swindells (and Goldsworthy) to stake a claim. 

• Like 1

On 01/06/2024 at 21:55, Angus Scott said:

Such a shame that defeat, a game we should have won. Cox has had a bit of a nightmare in both games, unnecessary byes conceded & that today must be one of the worst ever drops by a wicketkeeper in history. It undoudtably cost us the match & bearing in mind the number of wicketkeepers we have, surely his place must be in doubt.

Having said all that we look quite good & must have a good chance of qualifying

Can we really be carrying a wicketkeeper that can’t bat either? I’d genuinely have him below Holland and Currie at 10 in the pecking order…

Further frustrating when Hill and Swindells are both more than capable and improve us considerably with the bat.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Father Ted said:

Can we really be carrying a wicketkeeper that can’t bat either? I’d genuinely have him below Holland and Currie at 10 in the pecking order…

Further frustrating when Hill and Swindells are both more than capable and improve us considerably with the bat.

Can't believe  these comments about our god amongst wicketkeeper as described on the foxes twitter page

1 minute ago, Graceroad said:

Can't believe  these comments about our god amongst wicketkeeper as described on the foxes twitter page

He is a good keeper. Don't know about a god. He had a bad game or two. His batting is weaker. Let's see if he can rectify the situation 

1 hour ago, LBTufty said:

Today's 2nd XI team v Durham: NMJ Reifer, HJ Swindells*†, JP Lees, ST Evans, SB Wood, JM Tarling, RI Walker, MET Salisbury, U Ramji, JTS Sumerauer, A Farooq

Gives Swindells a good run out. 

3 hours ago, LBTufty said:

Today's 2nd XI team v Durham: NMJ Reifer, HJ Swindells*†, JP Lees, ST Evans, SB Wood, JM Tarling, RI Walker, MET Salisbury, U Ramji, JTS Sumerauer, A Farooq

Reifer the lad who was at Surrey? 

Can you still buy tickets at the turnstile for t20 games? Wouldn't know as I have a white ball pass myself but got a mate who plans to make a late call on it this Friday.

59 minutes ago, Walshy5 said:

Can you still buy tickets at the turnstile for t20 games? Wouldn't know as I have a white ball pass myself but got a mate who plans to make a late call on it this Friday.

Yes at the new offices.

Just got some tickets for me and my lad for Sunday. 

£12.50 for both of us. 

There’s a 50% off code floating around for the weekends games if anyone is thinking about going. ABACUS50 at checkout but think it’s limited to the first 1000. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, LBTufty said:

Great news about Josh signing a new three-year deal. 

Profile of Jack Lees, who's currently on trial with the 2nd XI. 

Reifer is a good player als really classy he looked. Raymond who I think may be his uncle was a club pro at my club about 20 years ago. He was to good at that level.