Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

2 hours ago, Graceroad said:

Think he will get a T20 or 50 over game before too long  but think he's  way off test cricket he barely gets a wicket in the first class game atm

You are right - annoyingly means we lose him for two months that horrific competition in August too. 

4 hours ago, Graceroad said:

Think he will get a T20 or 50 over game before too long  but think he's  way off test cricket he barely gets a wicket in the first class game atm

When did performances at County level ever stop them calling someone up to the test side 

23 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

When did performances at County level ever stop them calling someone up to the test side 

Agree with you up to a point  esp regarding Rehan but even so think he has something like 9 fc wickets at around 60 and not really looked that impressive  in fc cricket

2 hours ago, Graceroad said:

Just had a look 9 fc wickets at 75 economy  of nearly 5 and a strike rate of 93  ouch

Needs to improve obviously. Barely played though. Hopefully have a decent run with the new ball when it resumes. 

He may decide if he keeps on picking up niggles that white ball cricket is enough. 

He is also taller than billed I'm 6ft 5 and Currie who was with him is about my height so tall but Hull  towered over us two.  I'd say he is 6ft 8 or 9 tbh

Nice kid. Very approachable 

Edited by Cakey

3 hours ago, Graceroad said:

Agree with you up to a point  esp regarding Rehan but even so think he has something like 9 fc wickets at around 60 and not really looked that impressive  in fc cricket

Yeah it was more a dig at the selectors to be honest he shouldn't be getting a call up to the test side but he's been name checked and it wouldn't be the first time someone who hasn't warranted a call up has got one.

Edited by Tommy Fresh

2 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

Given his height, he will be earmarked for the next trip to Australia. What's his speed like? 

Getting quicker. Quicker than Potts last night we'll seemed it on TV. Early mid 80s? 

He will get quicker once he is fully grown etc. Only 19. I'd say 83 to 85 ish. 

Never any guns when we play

25 minutes ago, Cakey said:

Getting quicker. Quicker than Potts last night we'll seemed it on TV. Early mid 80s? 

He will get quicker once he is fully grown etc. Only 19. I'd say 83 to 85 ish. 

Never any guns when we play

We just had bats. 😏

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, FOXYTALK said:

We just had bats. 😏

Ha ha  Yep. Shit ones at that when I first started playing. Two in the entire team and two sets of pads. 

Even shite players turn up with full kit now. 

14 minutes ago, Sir Steve Howard said:

Attendances for blast across the country will surely fall off a cliff now due to clashing with the Euros

I know what I'd rather watch. 

Being at a T20 vs sitting at home watching mostly shit teams on TV. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blurryface said:

i forgot about this part of the forum, anyone even bothering heading down tonight? based on the current table I wouldnt be mad at sharing points with Lancs

should be a good few down tonight, prices have been really good lately to get a few through the doors. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Cakey said:

Needs to improve obviously. Barely played though. Hopefully have a decent run with the new ball when it resumes. 

He may decide if he keeps on picking up niggles that white ball cricket is enough. 

He is also taller than billed I'm 6ft 5 and Currie who was with him is about my height so tall but Hull  towered over us two.  I'd say he is 6ft 8 or 9 tbh

Nice kid. Very approachable 

Yeah, I saw him out in Nottingham after the One Day Cup final and he is absolutely colossal. Seemed a really nice lad but was obviously absolutely battered lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lako42 said:

I know what I'd rather watch. 

Being at a T20 vs sitting at home watching mostly shit teams on TV. 

Not saying the grounds will be empty but surely affected.

Obviously they've made the blast clash with Euros rather than their precious hundred

2 hours ago, goody2028 said:

should be a good few down tonight, prices have been really good lately to get a few through the doors. 

I paid 32 quid at Canterbury to see Kent. My son lives there so we went. 64 quid for two tickets. Jesus

Alot there though. 14 quid for a Thai curry!! 

So yep I appreciate our prices

• Sad 1

50 minutes ago, Cakey said:

I paid 32 quid at Canterbury to see Kent. My son lives there so we went. 64 quid for two tickets. Jesus

Alot there though. 14 quid for a Thai curry!! 

So yep I appreciate our prices

Awful pricing that.

Can’t make tonight but think my mate got his ticket for a fiver. Can’t beat it, will get plenty through the gates spending more inside the ground. 

• Like 2