Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

38 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Football has an audience willing to pay it though, County Championship games aren't packed to capacity are they

No sadly not and never will be not sure its because of price though .Regarding football not many clubs outside the PL get close to full houses

1 hour ago, Graceroad said:

No sadly not and never will be not sure its because of price though .Regarding football not many clubs outside the PL get close to full houses

I mean I've just told you I'm not going  because of the price, so it definitely will be for some. 

59 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

I mean I've just told you I'm not going  because of the price, so it definitely will be for some. 

That's fair enough but find it hard to believe that if someone's  a football and cricket fan they will pay £50 to watch a 90 minuite match but won't pay £20 to watch a full day's cricket

27 minutes ago, Graceroad said:

That's fair enough but find it hard to believe that if someone's  a football and cricket fan they will pay £50 to watch a 90 minuite match but won't pay £20 to watch a full day's cricket

They aren't the same thing though are they, so you can't really make the comparison although I know what you're getting at.

2 hours ago, Graceroad said:

What about Salisbury Walker or Keith Richards sorry mean Chris Wright?

I guess Walker isn't deemed good enough. However he's barely had a first team game, so hard to judge. Obviously would have Wrighty back immediately, but the Club haven't released when he will be available. Not entirely sure why it's all so mysterious. He failed a drug test, presumably a ban expires on a certain date, but no one seems to know when that it is. If we're paying him in full, which I presume we are, that's a hideous blow for a County of our size. 

1 hour ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Is Kimber injured or have they chosen to move him down the order? Seems odd to have Holland and Goldsworthy batting in the top 4 but then we don't have a lot of depth in the batting department. 

Holland has opened for much of his career I think?

Goldsworthy also spent much of his career in Somerset's seconds batting quite high up and I think was seen as a batting all rounder initially,  though he's certainly had success bowling in recent times.

14 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Patel called up for Birmingham in the hundred, Dan Weston is the analyst there and he used to work for us :dry:

Great for him and the other guys, but our squad will be pretty thin

11 minutes ago, MaidstoneFox said:

Great for him and the other guys, but our squad will be pretty thin

It’s good for the club I think. If we hadn’t won the cup last year then maybe I’d be more upset but having more representation shows the direction that the club is going in, even if the Hundred is rubbish. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Walshy5 said:

Don't look like we've got any chance of retaining the one day cup then with all these players being drafted for that Hundred shite! 🤢.

Who is off to the Hundred? Rishi, Hull, Currie and Rehan? Anyone else? That would still leave us with a decent XI:

Budinger

Holland

Kimber 

Hill 

Handscomb

Mulder

Cox

Mike

Scriven (hopefully fit)

Goldsworthy (unless Somerset recall him)

Wright