Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

2 hours ago, Lionator said:

My take is that we have trimmed the squad therefore have a bit more lying around. I hope anyway, because the alternative is worrying. 

we have trimmed the squad but the players we let go apart from maybe Lilley would all have been on low wages so the saving wouldn't  have been a great deal we also no longer have the Stuart Broad ECB  income which netted a few grand every year

1 hour ago, CrawlingFox said:

Stirling has nothing else to do post world cup and is here for 2 games currently and at most, if Handscomb remains crocked still, a single digit number over a couple weeks? Doubt it's breaking the bank.

Might stretch the catering budget

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Potentially a great signing, he can win games by himself. However, not been in great form recently, but generally just needs one good innings to turn it around. I remember going to watch county play Ireland in Dublin and he was playing darts with Harry Gurney in the bar as the game got washed out. We'd has quite a few pints of Guinness by that point.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CrawlingFox said:

Stirling has nothing else to do post world cup and is here for 2 games currently and at most, if Handscomb remains crocked still, a single digit number over a couple weeks? Doubt it's breaking the bank.

You say that but we are talking about a club that has to watch every penny most of the players they let go last season like Davis would only have been on around 25-28k a season Stirling  will pick up at least 10k just for playing a couple of matches .it's a gamble

20 hours ago, K1FOX said:

Stirling 

Rishi Patel

Louis Kimber

Rehan Ahmed 

Jimmy Neesham 
Ben Cox

Ben Mike 

Goldsworthy

Holland 

Scott Currie 

Josh Hull

Ian Holland is back with Washington Freedom for the upcoming Major League Cricket season and Rehan is still out with concussion. Budinger and Swindells will most likely to be in the final XI unless we go with an extra bowler

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LBTufty said:

Ian Holland is back with Washington Freedom for the upcoming Major League Cricket season and Rehan is still out with concussion. Budinger and Swindells will most likely to be in the final XI unless we go with an extra bowler

Hull also playing in the County Select v Windies game.

19 hours ago, Graceroad said:

we have trimmed the squad but the players we let go apart from maybe Lilley would all have been on low wages so the saving wouldn't  have been a great deal we also no longer have the Stuart Broad ECB  income which netted a few grand every year

Ackers and Parky would of been big earners .

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Ackers and Parky would of been big earners .

They were the two highest earners.

I’m sure that it was quoted that getting to the quarter finals is a £250k boost to the coffers. Correct me if I’m wrong. So potentially worth the gamble if Stirling and Neesham get us over the line.

Id have imagined we would get some form of compensation for losing Currie and Patel to that tournament at this stage.

Edited by Father Ted

Doesn't look like they're gona get back out there. Probably for the best. I reckon the unforced changes has probably done some damage. Patel is captaining like a school P.E teacher, giving everyone a chance to bowl!