Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

20 minutes ago, Cakey said:

So we want Northants to beat Durham? I think as puts us level but our run rate way better? 

Then it's in our hands

I don’t think it matters as only one could overtake us today, which would mean if we win we would guarantee at least 4th. 

• Like 1

Fantastic recovery from 6-3. We struggled to score off their two quicks early doors but Goldsworth and Ahmed brought it back perfectly and Neesham just helped finish it off. 

18 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Is Goldsworthy available to sign? What a great young player, he played a really mature innings getting us out of the mire alongside Rehan.

4 home wins, it’s been a while since we’ve won that many home games, although someone will prove me wrong.😑 😂 

Would love to sign him. The problem is that we also have Trevaskis.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bert said:

Only recognised Olly Stone

Still quite a few names, enough to be doing better than they are but thought they were pretty poor apart from Stone and Patterson-White, guess it shows with their results so far though 

Not sure what the deal is with Notts, Moores should of gone about two years ago, plays his son constantly even though he's crap, seem to have lost all direction there. 

Get the feeling the powers that be have switched their focus to International Cricket and The Hundred and couldn't really care less what Notts do. 

12 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Not sure what the deal is with Notts, Moores should of gone about two years ago, plays his son constantly even though he's crap, seem to have lost all direction there. 

Get the feeling the powers that be have switched their focus to International Cricket and The Hundred and couldn't really care less what Notts do. 

Good point looking at the squads this year it does seem a number of clubs don't seem that fussed about the blast a few sides not even signing an overseas player while others going for pretty much cheep fairly  unknown options  not sure of the reason why

4 minutes ago, Graceroad said:

Good point looking at the squads this year it does seem a number of clubs don't seem that fussed about the blast a few sides not even signing an overseas player while others going for pretty much cheep fairly  unknown options  not sure of the reason why

I live in Nottingham so tend to go to a few of their blast games with friends. Not been to a single one this year, no one seems keen. I couldn't tell you who half their squad was! 

Letting Samit leave to another county rather than retiring there was a sign for me that something isn't right, he's Mr Notts and now he's playing well for Derbyshire, very odd!

32 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I live in Nottingham so tend to go to a few of their blast games with friends. Not been to a single one this year, no one seems keen. I couldn't tell you who half their squad was! 

Letting Samit leave to another county rather than retiring there was a sign for me that something isn't right, he's Mr Notts and now he's playing well for Derbyshire, very odd!

Have to disagree about Samit he's been poor as a batsman for around 3 years now with a very low strike rate although yes he had a couple of good knocks  against us he's not scored many otherwise. With all the money I presume  they have available you would have thought Notts would have gone for a couple of big name overseas  players instead they sign one very average Afghanistan  player and play average players like Martindale Montgomery  and Moores would would get nowhere near the foxes side

16 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Would love to sign him. The problem is that we also have Trevaskis.

I think they are both decent tbh. Trevaskis is good enough as a batsmen. 

Goldsworthy obviously surplus to requirements anyway at his county

2 hours ago, Cakey said:

I think they are both decent tbh. Trevaskis is good enough as a batsmen. 

Goldsworthy obviously surplus to requirements anyway at his county

Heard that not to be the case. They just want him playing cricket. 

However just seen his deal runs out at the end of the season - so does make you think that 

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, AjcW said:

It's very, very enjoyable and they reap what they sow. Their staple players got old and they've tried replacing them with average academy players (usually tapped up from other counties) or other established players from other counties, who have one good season and they throw a tonne of money at them. Furthermore, they have that horrible danger as their T20 captain, it honestly couldn't happen to a better bunch. Seeing Derbyshire batter them by 90 runs the other week was bliss, and now we've made fools of them yesterday. Hilarious, I hope they rot.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Heard that not to be the case. They just want him playing cricket. 

However just seen his deal runs out at the end of the season - so does make you think that 

Well he is out of contract and they have 3 other left arm spinners so I don't think they will offer him anything. However other counties may well come in if we don't.