Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

I know hindsight is a wonderful thing etc but if only we'd gone for Goldsworthy on a permanent deal from the start instead of Travaskis. And he's the reason I don't think we'll go for him now. Can't see the club carrying 2 left arm spinners on the payroll.

Edited by Walshy5

2 hours ago, Walshy5 said:

I know hindsight is a wonderful thing etc but if only we'd gone for Goldsworthy on a permanent deal from the start instead of Travaskis. And he's the reason I don't think we'll go for him now. Can't see the club carrying 2 left arm spinners on the payroll.

He’s a more than capable bat to warrant his place in the team alone. We would be daft not to sign him on the basis that we already have Trevaskis on the books. 

Ahmed likely to miss most of the one day cup due to the unmentionable clown show, so it’ll be handy having both Trevaskis and Goldsworthy for that anyway.

18 minutes ago, HaroldBazBo said:

I feel for Notts. Can't be easy having all that Test match revenue, no threat to your survival and a One Hundred get out.

Only if it makes four days. Expect a very flat deck on Thursday!

11 hours ago, Graceroad said:

instead they sign one very average Afghanistan  player

Very average? Wasn't he joint leading wicket taker at the world cup. They've been really poor but Fazalhaq Farooqi is a good signing on paper

9 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Very average? Wasn't he joint leading wicket taker at the world cup. They've been really poor but Fazalhaq Farooqi is a good signing on paper

Yes to be fair he did have a decent world cup but its the batting where Notts are short

10 hours ago, HaroldBazBo said:

I feel for Notts. Can't be easy having all that Test match revenue, no threat to your survival and a One Hundred get out.

Sadly through fact is unlike in Leicester they have a real interest  in cricket in Nottingham. We have around 2K members they have around 9K. Wish I had a pound for everytime  some ex player speaks at the cricket society and opens up with this is the biggest crowd I've seen at Grace Road

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, Father Ted said:

He’s a more than capable bat to warrant his place in the team alone. We would be daft not to sign him on the basis that we already have Trevaskis on the books. 

Ahmed likely to miss most of the one day cup due to the unmentionable clown show, so it’ll be handy having both Trevaskis and Goldsworthy for that anyway.

Wasnt Goldsworthy T20 only and then those extra 2 CC games? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, K1FOX said:

What scenarios see us through then? 

I think a win is definitely needed now. 

Although, the possibility of losing and still going through COULD be on the cards if Northants and Derbyshire both lose Thursday night. 

Yorkshire chasing down 205 at Worcestershire really chucked a spanner in the works. 

Kimber called up to the Hundred now! That's now Patel, Kimber, Ahmed, Hull and Mike! We'll have no players left at this rate! Have I missed anyone?

Edited by Walshy5
  • Sad 2

50 minutes ago, Walshy5 said:

Kimber called up to the Hundred now! That's now Patel, Kimber, Ahmed, Hull and Mike! We'll have no players left at this rate! Have I missed anyone?

Are you sure about Ben Mike can't recall reading anything about him being called up?Still not affected  has much as most clubs with 2 quality overseas batsman plus Wright to come back

2 hours ago, Graceroad said:

Are you sure about Ben Mike can't recall reading anything about him being called up?Still not affected  has much as most clubs with 2 quality overseas batsman plus Wright to come back

Not 100% sure on Mike actually.

Edited by Walshy5

Don't think Mike is in the 100. Time yet. Still got a chance. Patel will be a huge miss obviously. 

Some teams like Kent who are struggling anyway lose almost their entire batting line up. They may not win a game. They just fell off a Cliffe this year. Saw them on sky Tuesday looked woeful 

Edited by Cakey

5 hours ago, Walshy5 said:

And Currie. But not Mike. 

1 hour ago, Cakey said:

Financial issues a few kent members said. So just shows Leicestershire are doing OK. Couple of good seasons. 

Let's get behind them. 

All of the southern teams are struggling financially except for Surrey and Hampshire. Middlesex are in a right mess and even Essex are struggling despite their onfield success

• Like 1

What has happened to Mulder? He was selected to play for San Francisco Unicorns but so far hasn’t featured in a game. He was supposed to be cover for Pat Cummins who has now rejoined the team and has played. Ian Holland is also playing Major League cricket and has played a few games but has not batted once! 

1 from 4 then for the final spot after Northants beat the bears. Only a win will do for Leicester as Derby are playing Durham who are both on 13 points. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Lionator said:

All of the southern teams are struggling financially except for Surrey and Hampshire. Middlesex are in a right mess and even Essex are struggling despite their onfield success

We are struggling just as much  but unlike sides like Middlesex we have been either brave or foolish take your pick   and still gone for decent overseas players .One of the problems with cricket is that unli,e football success on the pitch don't really make a difference  financially  that much Essex being a case in point .Crowds stay low either way and sponsors aren't going to pay that much more because you start winning a few games

• Like 1