Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

2 hours ago, Lionator said:

I think we’re a lot weaker than last season. Of course Rahane could solve a lot of those problems if he finds some form however. 

Yep obvs we are alot weaker but  most counties just don't seem that interested at all Notts being a prime example the side they fielded yesterday was a disgrace

20 hours ago, Harpenden Fox said:

Perhaps instead of the Metro Cup have a tournament with the 18 first class counties and, say 14 minor counties. I used to love it when a minor county knocked a big boy out of the Gillette Cup. Unless it was us of course 

Bucks doing their best to prove the point here less than 24 hours after my post 😂

Sad to see as expected Notts taking no interest in the one day cup not even bothering  with an OS player  you would think after the shambles in the T20 they would want to compete  in this competition obviously  not

I think even the big counties are struggling though, (except Surrey) they seem to have lost focus with what they are trying to achieve and probably haven't come to terms with the new world. Even if your Notts or Warks your best players will still snub you for any competition going from the PPL to the 100 they are still going. 

Frankly even though they have money and a fantastic ground etc they are just not a big hitting county now. Not fashionable and don't draw players as they once did. 

Great at hosting tests or the 100 but they ate probably not even in the top 6 now regarding county success. 

Surrey

Hampshire 

Somerset

Warwickshire

Essex

Lancashire 

All have better squad's miles better

5 hours ago, Graceroad said:

Sad to see as expected Notts taking no interest in the one day cup not even bothering  with an OS player  you would think after the shambles in the T20 they would want to compete  in this competition obviously  not

Even without an overseas they've got a decent team out 

2 hours ago, Cakey said:

I think even the big counties are struggling though, (except Surrey) they seem to have lost focus with what they are trying to achieve and probably haven't come to terms with the new world. Even if your Notts or Warks your best players will still snub you for any competition going from the PPL to the 100 they are still going. 

Frankly even though they have money and a fantastic ground etc they are just not a big hitting county now. Not fashionable and don't draw players as they once did. 

Great at hosting tests or the 100 but they ate probably not even in the top 6 now regarding county success. 

Surrey

Hampshire 

Somerset

Warwickshire

Essex

Lancashire 

All have better squad's miles better

The Hundred hosting counties, which will be boosted by two expansion teams in the southwest and northeast, will all get a massive financial boost with their 51% stake in the Hundred franchise. They can keep or sell this off as they wish, but it will increase the financial gap between these teams and the rest.

47 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Decent crowd in for a Wednesday.

Very decent. Great to see Budinger get some runs at last. If they keep going like this, Rahane might not get a bat. I think we are the only county playing today, who are fielding two overseas players. Certainly, nobody of the calibre and experience of Rahane, playing elsewhere.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Good score but not sure it’s enough on this deck. Going to need to bowl very well. 

Hoping the pitch will do something different as we head into the evening otherwise I agree, could be 20-30 runs short