Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

56 minutes ago, Cakey said:

I was going down for the last few hours but off for rain. I only live 40 mins away and fine here? 

Anyone there give me an update 

I left just after 5 when they were putting more covers on, seems to have worsened since:

• Like 1

Just a shame the rain break lasted so long ... as there was hardly anyone left in the ground at the restart. 

(at least the decent sized crowd had seen some excellent batting from us - some cracking sixes.   Plus a bit of dodgy fielding from Notts)

• Like 1

Felt we played like defending champions today. So pleasing to see every batter contribute and the weird scenario at the end was a good test for our bowlers and fielders under pressure.

Feel for Sam Evans though. Helped to win the final for us and you just wonder where his next game's coming from, despite doing nothing wrong.

Edited by Voll Blau
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, MaidstoneFox said:

Very decent. Great to see Budinger get some runs at last. If they keep going like this, Rahane might not get a bat. I think we are the only county playing today, who are fielding two overseas players. Certainly, nobody of the calibre and experience of Rahane, playing elsewhere.

Out of the 8 sides who played yesterday 5 didn't have an OS  player and Lancs  and Northants played 1.Dont agree that with the Notts fans that we are cheating but considering its supposed to be a devlopment competition maybe 2 world class overseas and 6 players over 30 goes against the spirit  a wee bit.

3 hours ago, Graceroad said:

Not sure about that Robert Lord Freddie McCann Farhan Ahmed and the useless Tom Moores

Not like they stuck an 11 of kids out though is it, Slater, Haynes, Moores, Hameed, Patterson-White, Fletcher, James,  Montgomery are all experienced enough. Agree in general that teams aren't taking it very seriously, but that's got enough experience in it to suggest Notts aren't completely tossing it, they just aren't very good anymore.

Edited by Tommy Fresh
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, Graceroad said:

Out of the 8 sides who played yesterday 5 didn't have an OS  player and Lancs  and Northants played 1.Dont agree that with the Notts fans that we are cheating but considering its supposed to be a devlopment competition maybe 2 world class overseas and 6 players over 30 goes against the spirit  a wee bit.

Our younger players who would be playing have been snapped up by the 100. More than Notts I should also say. We don’t have a massive squad for obvious reasons so we have to fill the gaps somehow. 

9 hours ago, worth_the_wait said:

Just a shame the rain break lasted so long ... as there was hardly anyone left in the ground at the restart. 

(at least the decent sized crowd had seen some excellent batting from us - some cracking sixes.   Plus a bit of dodgy fielding from Notts)

Kevin Whately from inspector  Morse among the crowd yesterday.Class from Rahane on  on the  pitch yesterday  less so off it couple of young Indian fans asked him for an autograph when he walked to the dining area at lunch and he said he would sign for them when he came back but  he then dodged  them by walking back to the changing room via the fox bar  not the best PR 

1 hour ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Not like they stuck an 11 of kids out though is it, Slater, Haynes, Moores, Hamed, Patterson-White, Fletcher, James,  Montgomery are all experienced enough. Agree in general that teams aren't taking it very seriously, but that's got enough experience in it to suggest Notts aren't completely tossing it, they just aren't very good anymore.

True although not many of them are first teasers  anymore They are a useful side if they could pick  a full strength side just imagine if they fielded Hales Tongue Pennington Stone Clarke Harrision etc

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lionator said:

Our younger players who would be playing have been snapped up by the 100. More than Notts I should also say. We don’t have a massive squad for obvious reasons so we have to fill the gaps somehow. 

True but still plenty of academy products or younger players I would like to see given a chance like Evans Wood Tarling and Roman Walker

3 minutes ago, Graceroad said:

True although not many of them are first teasers  anymore They are a useful side if they could pick  a full strength side just imagine if they fielded Hales Tongue Pennington Stone Clarke Harrision etc

Teamers