Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

Scriven straight back to taking wickets, he'd possibly have been one off to the Hundred if he wasn't injured. Incredible that even with a depleted squad he's coming so far down the order such is our batting strength.

15 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Covers coming off.

The beer is so bad here.

One area where the club definitely lets itself down in terms of matchday experience.

Derbyshire are doing a Shiny Brewery takeover against Middlesex. Helps that it's a Saturday game but it'll be interesting to see how many that pulls in.

3 hours ago, Graceroad said:

Out of the 8 sides who played yesterday 5 didn't have an OS  player and Lancs  and Northants played 1.Dont agree that with the Notts fans that we are cheating but considering its supposed to be a devlopment competition maybe 2 world class overseas and 6 players over 30 goes against the spirit  a wee bit.

Why is it supposed to be a development competition? This is professional sport, we can pick whoever we want.

56 minutes ago, Graceroad said:

True but still plenty of academy products or younger players I would like to see given a chance like Evans Wood Tarling and Roman Walker

Just be grateful that we never have to watch Michael Finan play for us again please 

19 minutes ago, Corky said:

Why is it supposed to be a development competition? This is professional sport, we can pick whoever we want.

Of course we can pick whoever we want not disputing  that.It was described as a development competition  by the ECB for obvs reason and no question that the vast majority  of counties treat it as such which is shown by the quality of sides teams putting out and not bothering with an OS player Hants didn't even play the available Abbott and Abbas last season for example. I just question the fact that other clubs struggling  financially  have saved money by using academy players in the competition  while we field 2 world class players despite   being in a worse position financially  then most other sides. 

Also the brass neck of Notts fans saying that we have an unfair advantage when they rake in their test match millions and illegally tap up Leicester, Derby, Worcester & Northants players and appoint a sex pest as their club captain 🤣🤣 let them rot. 

Edited by Lionator
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Graceroad said:

Very true  he was even worse then Alex Wyatt

Yeah. I'd forgotten about Wyatt. Looked the part didn't he. That was all......

They were really bad days. Far from perfect now but we were terrible at that point. 

4 minutes ago, Cakey said:

Yeah. I'd forgotten about Wyatt. Looked the part didn't he. That was all......

They were really bad days. Far from perfect now but we were terrible at that point. 

When you say names like his you can really see how far the playing staff have come. Levels above now.

• Like 2

Of course we can pick whoever we want not disputing  that.It was described as a development competition  by the ECB for obvs reason and no question that the vast majority  of counties treat it as such which is shown by the quality of sides teams putting out and not bothering with an OS player Hants didn't even play the available Abbott and Abbas last season for example. I just question the fact that other clubs struggling  financially  have saved money by using academy players in the competition  while we field 2 world class players despite   being in a worse position financially  then most other sides. 

I think it's good to have a go. We've only got three comps to have a go at and realistically this is the only one we currently have much chance in. 

We've a decent shout at doing well I think.even with five missing. 

I'd like to see us rotate a few fringe players though. Some of these guys don't do a massive amount wrong but they don't get a go. 

Sam Evans record isn't bad really, no worse than others. Walker now fit is a good alternative to Salibury in white ball games. 

From what I've seen (not thst much) Trevaskis looks a really good bat. 

You could flip that valid argument on its head though.

Here's a realistic competition to win, so you project more of our budget towards that because it's easier to achieve bigger crowds and prize money. 

Other clubs might be saving money now but at the same time they aren't playing games with bigger crowds or latter competition to actually cash in. Was welcome to readNorthants have sold their quarter-final for the blast well (as have Warwicks) cos that first week in September scheduling could be a real turn-off and act as counter against you. 

I'd interested to know what the feeling is at Derbys, Worcs, Kent and Essex as they are the four non-test counties what haven't got to the T20 quarters. This competition represents their last realistic chance of hosting games which can be money spinners. 

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Like 1

The southern group is really stiff also. Look at Kents side and they finished bottom. 

Billings, Bell Drummond, Muyeye, Denly, Leaning even Crawley sometimes. Rock bottom. 

I am not sure any sides in our group would get out of thst group. May be Birmingham. 

So I think you will see alot of the Southern sides taking this seriously

Edited by Cakey
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Graceroad said:

Out of the 8 sides who played yesterday 5 didn't have an OS  player and Lancs  and Northants played 1.Dont agree that with the Notts fans that we are cheating but considering its supposed to be a devlopment competition maybe 2 world class overseas and 6 players over 30 goes against the spirit  a wee bit.

True, though I'm sure we'll give opportunities to Sam Wood and maybe Alex Green as the competition goes on. Important to start with a win.

2 hours ago, Lionator said:

Also the brass neck of Notts fans saying that we have an unfair advantage when they rake in their test match millions and illegally tap up Leicester, Derby, Worcester & Northants players and appoint a sex pest as their club captain 🤣🤣 let them rot. 

I do agree with you on that blame the club for not taking the competition  seriously  not like they are going to win anything else

39 minutes ago, MaidstoneFox said:

True, though I'm sure we'll give opportunities to Sam Wood and maybe Alex Green as the competition goes on. Important to start with a win.

Jake Tarling supposed go be a great young prospect 

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

You could flip that valid argument on its head though.

Here's a realistic competition to win, so you project more of our budget towards that because it's easier to achieve bigger crowds and prize money. 

Other clubs might be saving money now but at the same time they aren't playing games with bigger crowds or latter competition to actually cash in. Was welcome to readNorthants have sold their quarter-final for the blast well (as have Warwicks) cos that first week in September scheduling could be a real turn-off and act as counter against you. 

I'd interested to know what the feeling is at Derbys, Worcs, Kent and Essex as they are the four non-test counties what haven't got to the T20 quarters. This competition represents their last realistic chance of hosting games which can be money spinners. 

Not much interest from Essex looking at yesterday's side

Under-18s thrashing Yorkshire. Jay Madan 222 not out in the first innings, carrying his bat and currently 53 not out in the second. Look a good crop of prospects, Dean Headley's son in there as well.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Atheonseye said:

Im assuming the top three in the one day cup group progress correct ?

Yep. Top straight through to a home semi and the others playing off to ne their opponent.

• Like 1