Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

I see the crowd wasn't up to much for the Hundred tonight and the 2nd out of 3 games to be totally one sided.

Not a great advert for the "investors" being courted.

It really is a shambles that cricket in August has been sacrificed for this s*1t.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, HaroldBazBo said:

I see the crowd wasn't up to much for the Hundred tonight and the 2nd out of 3 games to be totally one sided.

It really is a shambles that cricket in August has been sacrificed for this s*1t.

Ticket sales are well down apart from London, which is why the ECB are trying to hawk it to the IPL franchises. Things aren't helped by the absence of all the star names who are currently playing in the States. But if the IPL franchises take charge, they'll put their players on multi-franchise contracts which will include the hundred. 

6 hours ago, HaroldBazBo said:

Total shambles we have 1 days cricket at GR in August 1 bloody day

• Like 2

Josh Hull bowled OK last night despite  the unflattering  figures  wonder if the speed gun at the Yorkshire game was correct though which had just about every ball around 91 92mph last night was shown at around 84 85 with a quickest  at 89 which he was only clocked at once I think 

5 minutes ago, Harpenden Fox said:

£8 for the whole of September. Potentially 8 days of cricket available in this trial. The club has to generate income some how.

Yeah in all fairness i’ve moaned about the quality of previous livestreams so if it improves the standard then fairs fair. If it’s just the same stream behind a paywall it’s a bit shite, but then again like you say they need to get the money in somehow. Surprised it’s lasted this long being free. 

2 hours ago, goody2028 said:

Yeah in all fairness i’ve moaned about the quality of previous livestreams so if it improves the standard then fairs fair. If it’s just the same stream behind a paywall it’s a bit shite, but then again like you say they need to get the money in somehow. Surprised it’s lasted this long being free. 

They generate  income by being on youtube

4 hours ago, goody2028 said:

Sad times. 

Seems pretty shortsighted this by the county. I no we shouldnt expect things for free but there surely isn't the interest in it for a subscription service. They must earn some money from YouTube. 

Granted the stream isn't great at the moment but with the amount of viewers its gets do we need anything different?

I would of thought the vast majority of people work When all the games are on. I like to stick it on for an hour or so when I'm home from work. Certainly wouldn't be paying for it.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, goody2028 said:

Can’t imagine that being significant 

Depends on how many views they generate plenty of youtubers  make a good  living Leicesters own blue van man being one, When you consider they only get 400 at the ground when it's free admission  doubt many will pay to watch

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, adam said:

Seems pretty shortsighted this by the county. I no we shouldnt expect things for free but there surely isn't the interest in it for a subscription service. They must earn some money from YouTube. 

Granted the stream isn't great at the moment but with the amount of viewers its gets do we need anything different?

I would have thought the vast majority of people work When all the games are on. I like to stick it on for an hour or so when I'm home from work. Certainly wouldn't be paying for it.

Exactly this. Always used to stick it on around 4 till 6 when getting home from work, when popping down wasn’t an option. As @Graceroad has mentioned I doubt the numbers warrant the paywall in the first place. Shame to see really with everything happening down the road, the cricket was the only thing really in touch with supporters. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, adam said:

I would of thought the vast majority of people work When all the games are on. I like to stick it on for an hour or so when I'm home from work. Certainly wouldn't be paying for it.

Just read elsewhere  which I hadn't  considered and its a great point that they are probably  doing it because when they played India on youtube a couple of years ago viewing figures went though the roof so they think that the same audience  will pay to watch Rahane ,Don't think Indian fans will be that interested  in watching any other cricket that the National side and the IPL  but time will tell

1 minute ago, Graceroad said:

Just read elsewhere  which I hadn't  considered and its a great point that they are probably  doing it because when they played India on youtube a couple of years ago viewing figures went though the roof so they think that the same audience  will pay to watch Rahane ,Don't think Indian fans will be that interested  in watching any other cricket that the National side and the IPL  but time will tell

I wonder if they will pay though? Maybe they watch because its free.

Do we know how much Surrey are charging? At least they get to watch some t20 with it.