Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

33 minutes ago, adam said:

I wonder if they will pay though? Maybe they watch because its free.

Do we know how much Surrey are charging? At least they get to watch some t20 with it.

I agree I don't think they will pay

5 hours ago, Corky said:

Nothing worse than the first innings of a one dayer ending quickly. Remember watching Yorkshire bowl us out for 53 one Sunday.

Think it was after the two-day Test finished on a Friday, so Gough and Vaughan were available? Got my Kookaburra Bubble signed by both that day.

On 27/07/2024 at 18:35, LBTufty said:

Kimber not playing so he should be available for our game v Essex at Chelmsford on Wednesday.

But who would he replace? All the batters did well in the first game and all failed in the second. 

3 hours ago, LBTufty said:

For whatever reason, they've decided not to bring in Kimber even though permitted to do so i.e. not selected in two consecutive Hundred games

Presumably just taking Friday as a blip then. He'd be useful to have in for bowling ability as much as anything, when Trevaskis is still recovering from injury.

11 hours ago, LBTufty said:

For whatever reason, they've decided not to bring in Kimber even though permitted to do so i.e. not selected in two consecutive Hundred games

Not sure how he would have been available considering Birmingham phoenix have a game tonight

As posted previously re: https://www.leicestershireccc.co.uk/news/louis-kimber-called-up-to-the-hundred - "....... He joins Patel, Scott Currie, Josh Hull, and Rehan Ahmed in taking part in this year’s edition of The Hundred. All five will be eligible to return to Leicestershire for Metro Bank One Day Cup fixtures if they are not selected for consecutive matches in The Hundred."

Whether the Phoenix coaching set-up have said "Look mate, hang around because you're definitely starting our game on Wednesday" and he's made that call, I don't know. 

21 minutes ago, LBTufty said:

As posted previously re: https://www.leicestershireccc.co.uk/news/louis-kimber-called-up-to-the-hundred - "....... He joins Patel, Scott Currie, Josh Hull, and Rehan Ahmed in taking part in this year’s edition of The Hundred. All five will be eligible to return to Leicestershire for Metro Bank One Day Cup fixtures if they are not selected for consecutive matches in The Hundred."

Whether the Phoenix coaching set-up have said "Look mate, hang around because you're definitely starting our game on Wednesday" and he's made that call, I don't know. 

They only have a 15 man squad not sure you can let one of your players go off and play for the County on the same day you have a game look pretty stupid  if one of the batsman picks up an injury during the warm up .Imagine the rule applies when they don't have a game for a few days

On 20/07/2024 at 06:49, LBTufty said:

The reality is we wouldn't have troubled the North Group top 6 let alone the top 4 without the addition of Goldsworthy and Currie; it's a big concern that they won't be here (or adequately replaced) next campaign.

As others have said or alluded to, T20 players well past their sell-by date (thanks Pete, thanks Jimmy) can do one. Budinger seems to have gone backwards since joining us from Notts' 2nd XI, if his contract was up at the end of the season I wouldn't renew.

He must be on here occasionally, that's 75 against the N*tts scum followed by a run-a-ball ton against Essex a week later since the above.  lol

Edited by LBTufty