Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

1 hour ago, Graceroad said:

Careful Cakey you will  have Tommy Fresh on your back saying what a strong side Surrey fielded. Changing subjects what our your thoughts on Rehan Ahmed still only young I know not even 20 until  next week but he seems to have gone backwards this season.Bowled poorly in the 100 and not even  selected for the last few games. Let's hope he  comes good again and don't end up like Dom Bess Mason Crane  and Danny Briggs who were all considered the next big thing and are now just average County cricketers

Us losing to Surrey kind of goes against your point, I've also said the side Surrey can put out in this competition is still fairly good not that it's their best side. 

1 hour ago, Graceroad said:

Careful Cakey you will  have Tommy Fresh on your back saying what a strong side Surrey fielded. Changing subjects what our your thoughts on Rehan Ahmed still only young I know not even 20 until  next week but he seems to have gone backwards this season.Bowled poorly in the 100 and not even  selected for the last few games. Let's hope he  comes good again and don't end up like Dom Bess Mason Crane  and Danny Briggs who were all considered the next big thing and are now just average County cricketers

Well him and Hull are supposed to be prospects yet are carrying drinks in hundred teams rather than getting overs under their belt in a 50 over competition. Rehan developed fast because of playing in the 50 over competition, he hasn’t played a game in it for two years and he’s stagnated. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Us losing to Surrey kind of goes against your point, I've also said the side Surrey can put out in this competition is still fairly good not that it's their best side. 

Not really pro sport just about any result possible on a given day remember mid table non league side Sutton United knocking defending champions Coventry city out the FA cup a few years ago 

34 minutes ago, Graceroad said:

Not really pro sport just about any result possible on a given day remember mid table non league side Sutton United knocking defending champions Coventry city out the FA cup a few years ago 

That is a terrible comparison lol

54 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

That is a terrible comparison lol

OK then Jeremy Bates world number 347  at the time beating world number 4 Michael Chang at Wimbledon in 1992 or Ian Flanagan world number 766 beating world number 9 Mark Phillippoussis at Queens in 2004  are great examples of what can happen in a one off game.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Graceroad said:

I'd say he probably has gone backwards to an extent, leg spin is obviously really difficult, even at club level if you miss a few weeks you lose your rhythm. 

I can't understand why he missed some CC matches early on, he can't need a rest can he? Ludicrous. 

I would make an alteration to the 100 if we have to suffer it, if your not playing return to your county. You can go and play in the 100 again next day if needs be. 

Alot of younger players just sitting in a dug out every evening. 

I'd say Hull and Ahmeds biggest problem is a lack of rhythm due to not playing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sunbury Fox said:

I see Sussex have gone back to fielding a scratch side today after bringing in a load of first teamers against us. 

This is disgraceful. Their deliberate fielding of a weakened side is not in the spirit of the game at best and probably constitutes match fixing. It certainly places Leicestershire and others at a disadvantage in the table by virtue of wrecking their own net run rate to the benefit of Gloucestershire above the teams around them on the table. 

11 hours ago, Lionator said:

Well him and Hull are supposed to be prospects yet are carrying drinks in hundred teams rather than getting overs under their belt in a 50 over competition. Rehan developed fast because of playing in the 50 over competition, he hasn’t played a game in it for two years and he’s stagnated. 

Didn't realise they weren't playing. I refuse to watch it. 

But what a debacle. They gets their money, fairs. But a total abdication of development as per by the ECB. 

Surely they can't be a governing body so opposed to it's own sport. It's been 20 years now of scandal from them, ever since the famous ashes home series

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

Didn't realise they weren't playing. I refuse to watch it. 

But what a debacle. They gets their money, fairs. But a total abdication of development as per by the ECB. 

Surely they can't be a governing body so opposed to it's own sport. It's been 20 years now of scandal from them, ever since the famous ashes home series

All the Leicestershire players selected seemingly played at the start then got dropped. Rishi was no worse than his team mates but got immediately dropped. 

12 hours ago, Graceroad said:

Just to be pedantic ...

Cov won the FA cup in 1987.

Their defeat v non-league Sutton Utd was actually in 1989.  (Not as defending winners)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Lionator said:

All the Leicestershire players selected seemingly played at the start then got dropped. Rishi was no worse than his team mates but got immediately dropped. 

Yet county's social feed celebrates when they get called up, in the way they would if they got an international call up. 

I'm not naive. County are shareholders in this wretched tournament, hence their enthusiasm for it's success. But a bizarre conflict of interest. 

8 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Yet county's social feed celebrates when they get called up, in the way they would if they got an international call up. 

I'm not naive. County are shareholders in this wretched tournament, hence their enthusiasm for it's success. But a bizarre conflict of interest. 

All counties are at it to be fair. The biggest losers will be England when the 50 over team is worse than Sri Lanka in a few years. You’ll have a team that have never played domestic 50 over cricket. 

• Like 3

Plenty on here have a pop at Richard Rae not the best but a hell of a lot worse doing the rounds, i suppose he can be a bit marmite but don't mind him. Take a look at the feed today from Yorkshire, Shan Masood lovly shot straight at cover oops

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, katieakita said:

Plenty on here have a pop at Richard Rae not the best but a hell of a lot worse doing the rounds, i suppose he can be a bit marmite but don't mind him. Take a look at the feed today from Yorkshire, Shan Masood lovly shot straight at cover oops

Quite so. Most of the other commentators sound like lifelong members of CAMRA who don’t tend to do well with people

1 hour ago, katieakita said:

He was good when he first started but I feel like he quickly got accustomed to us being rubbish haha

His job is my dream job to be fair

Edited by Lionator

46 minutes ago, Lionator said:

He was good when he first started but I feel like he quickly got accustomed to us being rubbish haha

His job is my dream job to be fair

Partly a problem with having radio commentary over TV feed and not enough commentators for a whole day given the restricted budget. It means they end up commentating too long without a break and talk over images when not always necessary. Therefore you get inevitable mistakes and rubbish spouted. Also, nobody on hand with accurate stats and facts as well, as you do on TMS. Counties with a dedicated TV commentary crew like Lancashire are much better, but it costs.