Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

Green played recently for England under 19s. Given the selectors even at that level rarely look outside the bigger, wealthier counties, you know he's been identified like Hull, as a decent future prospect. 

I mean I didn't see all of that innings but that looks below par. Pitch seems very good and the latter batsmen had no issues. 

Not sure what the plan was for Yorkshire in the first 20? 

20 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Looking at the forecast, not sure there will be any more play in this. 

Probably not. 

When teams know the forecast and you have a decent crowd at an out ground what about reducing it to a T20? 

That may be far to sensible I guess. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Corky said:

How do they work this out? Yorkshire batted their full fifty overs and we have gone from chasing well under 5 to well above 6 an over.

Because a shorter chase is easier than a longer chase. The Duckworth - Lewis formula is pretty darn good

• Like 1

Looking forward to Sunday now. Hopefully the weather turns up and it’s a decent down at Grace Road. 

Been a nice chase, you’d have been happy having to chase down 150 in a t20 game, the way I looked at it even though I don’t understand DLS. 

• Like 2

On 07/08/2024 at 08:17, Lionator said:

Well him and Hull are supposed to be prospects yet are carrying drinks in hundred teams rather than getting overs under their belt in a 50 over competition. Rehan developed fast because of playing in the 50 over competition, he hasn’t played a game in it for two years and he’s stagnated. 

Rehan benched again tonight 

1 hour ago, Ted Maul said:

Another good win. Whether we go through or not, you've just got to take a step back and look at where we were a couple of years ago, having been in the gutter for such a long time- I think it’s safe to say that we're now competitive in all formats, with a trophy in the bag.

That seemed lightyears away not so long ago and we seem to be building still. Long may it continue.

Good perspective. We’re getting cross about us not qualifying these days, as opposed to barely winning a single game. Would be nice to think two or three Academy lads could come forward in the next couple of seasons.

• Like 1